Canon has discontinued another EOS M camera

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I don’t think it should come as a surprise anymore, especially after the release of the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10 that the EOS M lineup would ride off into the sunset.
Canon has discontinued the EOS M200 to follow the discontinued the EOS M6 Mark II. Only the Canon EOS M50 Mark II remains in the lineup. We think that the rumored Canon EOS R100 will be the end of the line for the Canon EOS M50 Mark II as well.
We have no solid information about any discontinuations of EF-M lenses, perhaps Canon has a plan to keep those lenses...

Continue reading...

PhotoGenerous

R5/R6 + GAS
CR Pro
Apr 11, 2017
If the M6ii was discontinued this would make sense, but it isn't so...
I thought I missed the M6II being discontinued. (Which could have easily happened)

I'm totally expecting it to happen, but otherwise I'll be keeping mine around until there comes a point where I convert my M mount stuff to Fuji as my pocketable option next to my R stuff.

It's not like my M and EF stuff really had much overlap despite the adapter.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
May 4, 2022
Depending on where you live!
Removing a SKU from a couple of regions doesn't change the fact that it's still very much in production and selling across the globe. I'm not saying it won't be, as it clearly will. Making things up to justify your own narrative kind of undermines the whole site though. Why would I believe a rumour written by someone who doesn't even understand the current facts?

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
May 4, 2022
It has been out of production for quite some time. Don't confuse inventory with production.
They must have a very large warehouse full of them then, as they keep on restocking globally and sales are still quite high. Supply chain simply doesn't work like that in successful businesses.

Don't confuse imagination and opinion with facts.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Removing a SKU from a couple of regions doesn't change the fact that it's still very much in production and selling across the globe. I'm not saying it won't be, as it clearly will. Making things up to justify your own narrative kind of undermines the whole site though. Why would I believe a rumor written by someone who doesn't even understand the current facts?
I would love to see your source for the sales numbers for this camera around the globe. I think it would be a good read.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
They must have a very large warehouse full of them then, as they keep on restocking globally and sales are still quite high. Supply chain simply doesn't work like that in successful businesses.

Don't confuse imagination and opinion with facts.
You can continue down this path, but you're 100% incorrect. The camera is no longer on dealer order lists. Dealers may be able to get 'special' inventory from their sales representative if stock flows between the subsidiaries, which happens.

Dealers had inventory of the 5DS cameras for years after production ended... including the Canon Store.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Removing a SKU from a couple of regions doesn't change the fact that it's still very much in production and selling across the globe. I'm not saying it won't be, as it clearly will. Making things up to justify your own narrative kind of undermines the whole site though. Why would I believe a rumour written by someone who doesn't even understand the current facts?
Like here...

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2022
Removing a SKU from a couple of regions doesn't change the fact that it's still very much in production and selling across the globe.
Indeed, I look forward to seeing the source information too. Perhaps I missed the link?
For someone pretending to know the sales numbers your lack of knowledge is astonishing! What else did you miss?

Upvote 0
I don't really understand Canon's strategy for M users. I get that it's more efficient for them manufacture just one lens mount, but if I want to get an updated body with all the benefits of the M system, my only choice is to sell all my Canon gear and switch to a different brand.

All the RF gear is too big, too expensive, or too slow, or in most cases, all of the above. With no way to adapt all my M lenses I spent the last several years and $x,xxx accumulating, there's nothing tying me to the Canon brand any longer.

I've been shooting Canon my entire photography life (about 20 years) and it seems they are leaving me no choice but to switch to a competitor. It's truly bizarre.

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0
May 4, 2022
What else did you miss?
Well, for a start I missed all of the evidence that M6ii is discontinued that apparently has been posted here to justify the claims made in the original post. Please share these so we can all benefit. Until then, we can all see the model for sale in most regions, as well as stock levels going down regularly and being replenished regularly.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0