Canon has discontinued the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We have received reports from two different countries that the Canon EOS M6 Mark II has been discontinued. There will obviously be inventory in various stores around the globe.
With no rumoured successor, we think that this may be the biggest sign yet that the EOS M system is going to be phased out in favour of an RF mount APS-C camera line.
The Canon EOS R7 will be a more “professional” design, but we fully expect Canon to announce an RF mount APS-C camera or two in the future with similar ergonomics as the EOS M series.
More to come…

Continue reading...

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I don't like this news.
Because I cannot imagine if and what consequences this means to the EOS M system.
I am no M owner. But if I was to get one body It would have been the M6 II. Because I like the idea of the optional EVF.

Edit: In Germany almost every shop has it on stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
I believe it's about time Canon inform us about the M's future.
Presently, I wouldn't dare to invest in this system, there are just too many contradictory news about it. On the one hand, sales are high, on the other hand no novelties and even the news of the discontinued M6 II. I too was waiting for an M 5II...
Sorry Canon, but customers like to know what's going on. Nobody asks Canon to divulge some classified info.
But we'd like to know whether it makes sense to spend our hard-earned money on a system that could be obsolete soon.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
As a former owner of the M50. I loved the size of the system, especially with the compact lenses. So this is sad but also good news in a way and I hope it means Canon is working on something similar for the R mount because I miss having a compact camera for travel. Lunging around my R6 w/ the RF 24-105L at Disney was not fun and it really made me wish I still had the compact M series camera.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2022
Presently, I wouldn't dare to invest in this system, there are just too many contradictory news about it. On the one hand, sales are high, on the other hand no novelties and even the news of the discontinued M6 II. I too was waiting for an M 5II...
Sorry Canon, but customers like to know what's going on. Nobody asks Canon to divulge some classified info.
But we'd like to know whether it makes sense to spend our hard-earned money on a system that could be obsolete soon.
Canon knows you wouldn't invest in a dead (or dying) system. Therefore they will never tell you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

I can't remember the last time that Canon acknowledged the existence of M. It's never mentioned in their financial documents. It wasn't even mentioned in their "Canon EOS System celebrates 35th anniversary" press release. I want M to continue, but it looks pretty bleak.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0