Canon launches their Black Friday deals on RF lenses and the EOS R and EOS RP

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon USA has launched its Black Friday savings on a small number of EOS R cameras and RF lenses. We don’t expect any deals on the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, which shouldn’t come as any sort of surprise.
Canon EOS R cameras with an instant rebate

Canon EOS R body $1599 (Reg $1799)

Includes free Flashpoint Zoom Li-On X TTL Speedlight

Canon EOS RP body $899 (Reg $999)

Canon RF lenses with an instant rebate

Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM $2199 (Reg $2299)
Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM $449 (Reg $499)
Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM $2199 (Reg $2299)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Any discount is nice, but I wouldn't be doing back flips over any of the deals listed. If there was a thick stock of refurbs and those had killer prices, that would be handy. I have most of my lenses assembled already, so little matters until 2021 and I start selling one of 2 EOS R bodies to compile with cash for an R5

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Any love for Canadians?
I wouldn't be surprised to see some minor discounts for Canadians coming as a result of currency fluctuations. Right now it's cheaper to buy an R5 from the US and import than it is to buy here in Canada, and that's not good for Canadian retailers. Sometimes we seem to see some discounts to address significant changes between USD and CAD, and I wouldn't be shocked if we saw that again (if the CAD keeps narrowing the gap to USD anyway, and that's a big if). I'm betting that's why Canon Australia has some instant rebates across the board.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0