CANON R6 - PRICED OUT OF THE MARKET

The R doesn't overheat with video, unlike the R6 and R5. How both of these with various flaws STILL
They're not really flawed. Like a wedding videographer shows his or her clients high quality video that nobody will ever watch, Canon sells high end specs that nobody needs to use for a very long time anyway.

If I wanted a cinema camera, and I made my money creating high end videos that people actually watched (a.k.a. not weddings), I'd probably not be using any kind of hybrid camera. Wedding photographers are about the only people that would complain. If you're recording youtube videos at 4k 60, just why? And 8k has no real use case in today's world.

I can record as long as I ever need in a fantastic level of quality for my YouTube/IG/etc. viewers with my R6, and it does things wonderfully. Honestly, it's WAY overkill for the 1080/24 talking head videos I usually do, but I also love the low light, high speed capabilites of the R6. I could record as long as I want at 4k 24 with an Atomos too.

Canon markets these to the specs that attract attention; these cameras are AWESOME cameras. Look, a Ferrari "can" rev to 8500 RPM, if you keep it there, the car will die.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0