Canon Rebel t2i - Much Music Cover contest

Hey everyone.

so no, this is not spam, but merely asking for some help.

but before i ask for that, let me give you a run down on what we used.

Canon rebel t2i
50mm 1.8
17- 55 3.5-5.6

3 foot slider
4 foot crane
2 tripods

adobe premiere pro and after effects. CS5.5

So basically, I have been making these videos with my buddy for my brother, who is in the much music cover contest ( for you Canadians out there that know of the network) anyway, he is in the top ten. They announce top 3 this monday , and so voting would be greatly appreciate. infinite voting. much music is having an issue with processing new videos, but one more will be up soon.

anyway, here are the links ( one youtube and the other to vote on much)

I would also like your personal thoughts on how we did video wise. I havent dont much video, so any input in improvements would help.

channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/andsmeist?feature=watch

much music

http://www.muchmusic.com/contests/cokecovers2012/profile/andres-sierra/189340/

P

paul13walnut5

Very good work in places. Need to keep an eye on the focus especially on the moving shots.

Not brilliant lighting. The pianists face isn't very well lit, try a lower stand with some scrim perhaps? It's great to have back and rim lighting going on, but the most important (unless for deliberate effect) is fill... You need to get this right first and foremost.

Upvote 0
paul13walnut5 said:
Very good work in places. Need to keep an eye on the focus especially on the moving shots.

Not brilliant lighting. The pianists face isn't very well lit, try a lower stand with some scrim perhaps? It's great to have back and rim lighting going on, but the most important (unless for deliberate effect) is fill... You need to get this right first and foremost.

agreed. unfortunately the lighting.. or the lack of was really with what we had to work with. random lamps and what not, but for sure I need to purchase or obtain some decent lighting to have. a 3 point lighting set up would have done much more with what we had to work with. Thanks for the input. much appreciated.

Upvote 0