Canon registered two new ILC bodies

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has registered two new ILC bodies with the Russian certification agency. The two new cameras have the product codes “DS126841” and “DS126842”.  These are not  EOS M cameras, but they are interchangeable lens cameras.
The product codes are also sequential, so this could mean the cameras are closely related, and it could even simply just come down to color.
Certifications can come months in advance, so it’s unlikely these new cameras are coming in 2021, but there are announcements expected in January of 2022 and in the spring of 2022.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

SilverBox

I'm not new here
CR Pro
Aug 30, 2018
My guess is a replacement for the RP, but with IBIS and a new sensor.

Probably 2 versions, in different colours.

But I’m probably wrong………
I feel like this stands to reason. With the R3 coming, I could see them doing a revamp of the older bodies before announcing the R1.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
I feel like this stands to reason. With the R3 coming, I could see them doing a revamp of the older bodies before announcing the R1.
That idea would be a reasonable strategy for Canon. Maybe a RP and R replacement in 2022 along with a high MP FF body and a APS-C body? Four cameras would be a lot in a single year, but two would be replacements and two would be new offerings.

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
I’m figuring that the R won’t be replaced, as it is effectively replaced by the R6. The R1 is at least a year away, and just about everything else is covered by the R5 and R3.

… and we know that it isn’t an M series camera.

So that leaves either an R7 (APS) or a RP replacement. The latter seems far more likely, as it is long overdue for an IBIS-equipped replacement.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I’m figuring that the R won’t be replaced, as it is effectively replaced by the R6. The R1 is at least a year away, and just about everything else is covered by the R5 and R3.

… and we know that it isn’t an M series camera.

So that leaves either an R7 (APS) or a RP replacement. The latter seems far more likely, as it is long overdue for an IBIS-equipped replacement.
the R6 sucks for hybrid vs the R. No custom video modes. Maybe that is a way of canon telling us the R6 isnt for video shooters also it has less MP. So it isnt really a replacement.

Upvote 0

JoeDavid

Unimpressed
Feb 23, 2012
I finally gave up on canon releasing a high megapixel body and upgraded my Fujifilm GFX 50s to a GFX 100s. If canon ever releases a high megapixel body I’ll still be interested though. I’ve already got the RF lenses to go with it. The 100s is incredible for landscape photography although limited in lens versatility…

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
That puts the R6 price is about 3X the RP replacement.
There's clearly a need for an "EOS R Mk II". I'm still hoping that the sentence "there'll be no direct R replacement" actually means that there is a replacement coming which features a different naming scheme. My guess has always been R8 as I mentioned in several other posts.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2018
the R6 sucks for hybrid vs the R. No custom video modes. Maybe that is a way of canon telling us the R6 isnt for video shooters also it has less MP. So it isnt really a replacement.
In my opinion, the R6 is a misunderstanding. Canon just didn't have a high-resolution sensor at that time. This is a competitor to the Sony A 7III camera, which is expected to be updated (according to rumors) with a 33 megapixel matrix. I understand that many will disagree with me! They have the right to do so! :)

Upvote 0