Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the EOS R6

Deepboy

Headshot photographer
Jun 28, 2017
Italy
Would be interesting to know which are those "minor issues" that have been solved; as I've disabled the touch, which seems the major fix here, I would be inclined not to update, as per the old rule "if it works then don't touch it".
I'm usually an "upgrade/update enthusiast", but this thing seems so minor...and have two weddings in the next 17 days, soooo maybe I'll wait a little bit.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

shadowsports

R5 C - RF Trinity
CR Pro
Jan 15, 2023
Bay Area, CA
Would be interesting to know which are those "minor issues" that have been solved; as I've disabled the touch, which seems the major fix here, I would be inclined not to update, as per the old rule "if it works then don't touch it".
I'm usually an "upgrade/update enthusiast", but this thing seems so minor...and have two weddings in the next 17 days, soooo maybe I'll wait a little bit.
I think that's a wise choice. 1.8.2 will probably be fine, but if I had 2 income opportunities on the horizon and everything was "working well". I'd wait too.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Good timing. My refurb R6 from Canon is arriving today. It will be paired with Minolta MC lenses.

Good timing. My refurb R6 from Canon is arriving today. It will be paired with Minolta MC lenses.
Excellent combo! I got my Minolta MD adaptor and I love using my 40 year-old (+) 20/50/200 MD Rokkor lenses! Full of character. And great fun!

Upvote 0

Deepboy

Headshot photographer
Jun 28, 2017
Italy
On the R6II firmware update I just saw that there's this specific fix:

"-Fixes an issue that may result in only one battery being charged when the BG-R10 Battery Grip is attached"

Now that's something I'm interestd in, as I have the BG-R10; that means that the charge problem is only happening on R6II? Not that I charge batteries in the BG, I always extract them as I constantly rotate all my batteries (I have 3 pairs, or 6 of them: two new LP-E6NH, two old LP-E6N and two super old LP-E6...all the models across Canon history ahah!), so this feels more some bug in the communication when plugging the USB cable into the R6II, so old R6 (and also R5) hopefully shouldn't be impacted.

Upvote 0