Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM next from Canon

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Over the last couple of years, there have been rumblings that Canon would replace the Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM II with a zoom instead of a prime for the RF mount, and it looks like it’s finally coming in the near future. It’s being reported that Canon’s next big white lens will be

See full article...

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
Oh boy…this is kind of my dream lens IF it’s fully compatible with the extenders and doesn’t weigh more than the EF 300mm f/2.8. I’ll be preordering this immediately and looking to part ways with my 100-500 and EF 300mm f/2.8L II. Any mention of dimensions? I need to figure out how to pack it too. My 300L fits in my backpack so hopefully it’s not much bigger than that - doubtful especially if it’s an internal zoom.

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Don't you just love the google translations on digicame-info.com:

"It costs more than 1.2 million and it would be nice if it had a built-in teleconverter. Although it is a zoom, it will surpass the depiction of EF Sannippa. It's a selfish imagination, but it seems to be compactly organized."

"I think that the old sannippa position is now yonnippa. The added value of zoom is attractive."

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Aug 7, 2018
That's what replacement great white lens hoods cost. At least they're made of carbon fiber. The point is, don't lose of break the one that comes with the lens.
I already feared that the hood would not be included with the lens. At one point started selling its 1D cameras without an AC adapter. So one day they might have the idea not to include the hood to bring down the price.

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Oh boy…this is kind of my dream lens IF it’s fully compatible with the extenders and doesn’t weigh more than the EF 300mm f/2.8. I’ll be preordering this immediately and looking to part ways with my 100-500 and EF 300mm f/2.8L II. Any mention of dimensions? I need to figure out how to pack it too. My 300L fits in my backpack so hopefully it’s not much bigger than that - doubtful especially if it’s an internal zoom.
I'll be very surprised if it's an internal zoom - AFAIK all RF tele-zooms so far have been extending zooms. I also doubt very much that extenders will work at the short end. Hope I'm wrong. As for weight and size, I'll lay odds it'll be shorter and lighter than the EF300/2.8.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0