Canon RF 15-35 lens hood keeps falling off

Dpickup

R5
Jul 9, 2012
UK
Anyone else getting this problem ?
I've already lost one hood and the second hood only lasted about 6 weeks before started to drop off as well.
The latch seems secure and it clicks in nicely when you put it on, but whilst out on a walk with the camera on a shoulder strap it will fall off 3 or 4 times, and when wondering across moors / soft ground you don't hear it drop off so am just debating glueing it on !

presume its not a fault with the hood itself, as the second one exhibiting same issue.
the lens thread seems clean and I have used air and brushes to see if there is a small amount of dust / dirt in the screw that stops it from connecting securely (but like i say, the hood clicks into place)

any suggestions ?

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Mar 25, 2011
I'd contact Canon. Its possible that its a combination of extreme tolerances in the lens and the hood. You may need to send both in for checking.

HeavyPiper

6D Mark II
CR Pro
Aug 1, 2018
No problems with my hood on the 16-35mm, but some time back the one on my 24-70mm keep falling off, found that the spring inside the hood was broken.

Dpickup

R5
Jul 9, 2012
UK
Thanks both, glued it with hot glue gun for now, as its a nice temp (bodge) fix and see how i get on....