Canon Rumors Pro Memberships on sale for the rest of 2020

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
In 2020 I launched the Canon Rumors Pro membership, a way for folks to directly support Canon Rumors with an ad-free experience on the site.
There are a few other perks that are still being developed, everything is slow to come to fruition for obvious reasons. I expect the new buy & sell forum upgrade to be coming in Q1 of 2021.

The $20/yr, which is $20, now includes a 2nd year free.
The $75/lifetime membership is now $50 for the rest of 2020.

How do I upgrade?
You’ll need to sign-up for a forum membership, this is required to remove the ads across the entire site. If you click any of the links below, you’ll be presented with a login screen and you just click “Register Now” below the login box.
If you already have a forum membership, you just need to click your name at the top right and navigate to...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jhpeterson

CR Pro
Feb 7, 2011
I joined this forum nearly ten years ago and am not sure what I'd do without it. When Lifetime Pro Memberships were offered, I was among the first to sign up. Back then, they were $100. So, at $50 or even $75, they're a definite bargain. (Just like when buying the latest camera, we always pay more for being an early adopter.)

Of course it was that "free gift" that really sealed the deal. Any idea how soon we get them?

• Wow
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I joined this forum nearly ten years ago and am not sure what I'd do without it. When Lifetime Pro Memberships were offered, I was among the first to sign up. Back then, they were $100. So, at $50 or even $75, they're a definite bargain. (Just like when buying the latest camera, we always pay more for being an early adopter.)

Of course it was that "free gift" that really sealed the deal. Any idea how soon we get them?

I'm hoping the gift is taken care of in the coming few weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Ad-free is (by the way) reason enough to join!!

Not really. Browsing InPrivate in Edge removes 99% of ads from sites for free.

I do think CR has made a mistake offering a lifetime membership, as those who purchased it would have most likely also paid an annual fee.

I do not visit the site as much as before, though probably will once we get closer to the 1RX launch, and I do not see all the annoying ads (a reason I stopped coming as much) as I tend to brose InPrivate which is free and a simple click in Microsoft Edge.

Think more creativity is needed in putting the membership deals in place.

Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Not really. Browsing InPrivate in Edge removes 99% of ads from sites for free.

I do think CR has made a mistake offering a lifetime membership, as those who purchased it would have most likely also paid an annual fee.

I do not visit the site as much as before, though probably will once we get closer to the 1RX launch, and I do not see all the annoying ads (a reason I stopped coming as much) as I tend to brose InPrivate which is free and a simple click in Microsoft Edge.

Think more creativity is needed in putting the membership deals in place.
Well, I guess that's a question for the site-operator, who I'm presuming made a business decision about what was better for their economics, together with providing a better environment for regular users. I haven't heard anything other than praise form any of those regular users (BTW), a great many of whom seem to have taken up the memberships.

Upvote 0