1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
Re: I can see it on my 1DX already...

neuroanatomist said:
wockawocka said:
neuroanatomist said:
clicstudio said:
The system status display on the 4th "tool" menu clearly displays the release cycles...
Unfortunately, I already have ~142000 :eek:

The 4th 'tool' menu of which app?
The in camera menu system of the 1DX. Under system status. Mine is 122000 cycles.

Of course. Silly me... Thanks!

Didn't realise this existed, Thanks Guys.

My 1Dx Bodies show 120,000 & 160,000 (Damn that 12fps) hope the 1Dxs comes out soon.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
clicstudio said:
Rienzphotoz said:
What a neat little app ... connected the camera to my Mac, turned it on, opened the app this is the screen I got ... short, sweet and darned simple
I guess you don't use your 5D3 much...
I'm not a professional photographer, its a hobby ... plus I have 2 other cameras that I use ... on an average I make 50 images a day and 5D MK III accounts for around 21 of those ... I consider it not too bad for a hobbyist. :)

Upvote 0
I've also got a 50D and, rather dimly, bought the App without checking the list of supported cameras. When I tried it, it didn't work. Surprise surprise. Finding the 50D wasn't supported, I contacted the app website, Dire Studio, and asked if they had any plans to support the 50D retrospectively. Apparently they have but need some beta testing. I'm going to have a go at helping out. I'm sure they would be glad to hear from other 50D owners who'd also like to help.

Upvote 0
The app appears to work fine. I used it on my 7D, 5D2, 5D3 and 1DX. However, since my 1DX is fairly new, I know the exact count from looking at my file name sequence. This app is underestimating by about 1000 shots. However, even the built in shutter count on the 1DX is not reading properly. My real file count is 4400, the app reports around 3500 and the 1DX menu shows <4000 so obviously even the internal count isn't right and that is what the program reads. However, as a general measure it seems to be fairly accurate probably reading the camera correctly but it seems the camera itself doesn't store the data accurately.

Upvote 0
johnb said:
I've also got a 50D and, rather dimly, bought the App without checking the list of supported cameras. When I tried it, it didn't work. Surprise surprise. Finding the 50D wasn't supported, I contacted the app website, Dire Studio, and asked if they had any plans to support the 50D retrospectively. Apparently they have but need some beta testing. I'm going to have a go at helping out. I'm sure they would be glad to hear from other 50D owners who'd also like to help.

I also requested 50D support to them on another forum... so it looks like they are aware of the 50D interest.

Upvote 0
johnb said:

Glad to hear there's a few other 50D users wanting support. I know a few people that would like it too. I'll shoot them an email so they know there's more interest.

Upvote 0
Shakarpix said:
Glad to hear there's a few other 50D users wanting support. I know a few people that would like it too. I'll shoot them an email so they know there's more interest.

It's kind-of strange they don't support the 50D, as I know for a fact the code to check this value is identical to the code you use to check it on a lot of other EOS cameras ... :)

Upvote 0