Canon Software Solution Allows Select EOS Interchangeable Lens Cameras to Function as High-Quality USB Webcam

be great if they could add it to the canon connect app so can use their. hopefully it goes well and they release for apple os as i cant use my camera using legato as my computer is apparently too old. be a great way to by pass the need for a computer and go direct to live stream.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Hola there Genaro... Dónde está la versión Mac, dude?

If you need something now for MacOS have a look at Cameralive+CamTwist, it worked fairly well for zoom, hangouts and skype when I tried it 2 weeks ago, but it won't for for facetime.
The above is a bit clunky, so I hope Canon will release a proper MacOS version soon. And keep supporting and improving it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ale_F

6D - 7D
Nov 22, 2018
I read lot of pages and viewed tutorials for this.
The sum is the need of a CLEAN output by the cameras. Some recent camera does it and some oldest no.
In fact the +/- same list was reported by a HDMI import card solution producer.

You think this is not an important point?
Youtubers wants this feature for presentation and screen recording simultaneously.

Upvote 0

gzroxas

Canon EOS R / Travel and Landscape
Oct 3, 2018
Italy
I don't know if someone can help me but I'm curious about the amount of data that is sent if I use a high res camera instead of a webcam. I need to hold some important presentations but my line kind of sucks, so I'm not sure if using something that records more data also mean much more data will be sent over the internet.
And btw with bad internet line I mean 4mbps download, 0,5mbps upload... in 2020....

Upvote 0
So does my Dell laptop webcam, and the big bonus is it wasn't made by Apple.

I run double laptops simultaneously to better monitor users and chats, so I can choose between the webcam on my MacBook Pro and my Toshiba Portégé. As such, I know which webcam does a clearly better job.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
It's a bit shocking it took this long to unveil such an obvious feature. Cameras have been able to do tethered live view for years.
Really sour way to kick off a topic discussion. Yes, Canon has been properly shamed by your scolding.

Of course such functionality is suddenly on the minds of people stuck at home and wanting a more flattering, higher quality camera to use for Zoom, etc. Late to the party or not, I'm glad the higher end gear is being put into wider play. This will set new standards. How ridiculous so many TV "experts" and pundits look in the "up the nose" videos so common with laptops and tablets, from home with hideous lighting. Being able to use even a Rebel easily for streaming would be a wonderful improvement!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Anybody manage to make this work with an EOS R? Installation and selection of the software works just fine, but I'm not getting the image through to the computer in either Teams or Zoom.
Works fine in Zoom for me with my R. Are you in video mode?
Hi guys, I am also not able to get my EOS R to show an input, rather it just shows a placard saying, "EOS WEBCAM UTILITY BETA".
NOTE: I am in Norway and maybe this doesn't work outside of USA like it said in documentation..? Are you guys outside of USA?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I am also not able to get my EOS R to show an input, rather it just shows a placard saying, "EOS WEBCAM UTILITY BETA".
NOTE: I am in Norway and maybe this doesn't work outside of USA like it said in documentation..? Are you guys outside of USA?

Thanks!

I am in Sweden. Maybe they don't like Scandinavians. ;-)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0