Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/02/canon-t3i600d-announced/" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/02/canon-t3i600d-announced/"></a></div>
<p><strong>Canon EOS 600D/T3i Announced

London, UK, 7th February 2011 </strong>– Canon today announces the launch of the EOS 600D – a compact, lightweight Digital SLR (DSLR) that makes capturing exciting, fun and creative images easier than ever. The perfect choice for aspiring photographers looking for a combination of outstanding image quality and ease-of-use, the EOS 600D sits at the top of Canon’s entry-level EOS line-up, above the existing EOS 550D and the new EOS 1100D.</p>
<p>Capturing stunning images and Full HD video has never been easier, thanks to a range of automatic shooting modes that beginners can use to instantly express their creativity. A Feature Guide has been added to the user interface to help you learn about the camera as you use it, helping to develop your photography skills. With an unrivalled range of EF lenses, Speedlites and other accessories to enhance your shooting, the EOS system holds the key to the perfect shot – wherever your journey takes you, and whatever the scene before you.</p>
<p><!--more--><strong>First-class image quality</strong></p>
<p>The EOS 600D provides all the tools to capture beautiful stills and HD movies. Amazing picture detail is provided by a high-resolution 18 Megapixel (MP) APS-C CMOS sensor, which combines with 14-bit DIGIC 4 processing so you can capture the wonder of a beautiful blue sky and enjoy exceptionally smooth gradients between colours. The camera’s low light shooting capability enables you to achieve clear, natural images in darker conditions, with an ISO range of 100-6400 that can be further expanded to 12800.</p>
<p>Great for shooting pets, children or wildlife, the EOS 600D allows high-speed shooting at 3.7 frames per second (fps), enabling you to capture fast-moving action. Each shot will be captured in sharp detail thanks to the 9-point Auto Focus system, which can track subjects using the auto focus points across the frame. Even more accurate focusing is providing by an extra-sensitive central AF Sensor, while the iFCL Metering system from the semi-professional EOS 7D features a 63-zone Dual-layer metering sensor, helping you to ensure your shot is correctly exposed, even in difficult lighting conditions.</p>
<p><strong>Easy shooting, amazing results</strong></p>
<p>New fully-automatic Scene Intelligent Auto mode makes it easy for you to capture outstanding quality shots with almost no effort. Allowing you to focus exclusively on framing your picture, Scene Intelligent Auto analyses the scene for you and automatically picks the best settings to capture it. Your images will look better than ever thanks to a new ‘Auto’ Picture Style, which automatically makes fine adjustments to colours while you focus on capturing the scene you want.</p>
<p>The EOS 600D also makes it easy for you to instantly add creativity to your pictures. Change the atmosphere of a scene with Basic+, which allows you to pick the mood you want to achieve from one of eight options, including ‘Warm’, ‘Cool’ or ‘Intense’. Whether you’re shooting landscapes, portraits, or close-up macro shots, Basic+ makes it easy to capture the perfect image.</p>
<p><strong>Simple, flexible, artistic</strong></p>
<p>Ideal for beginners, a Feature Guide has been added to the EOS 600D’s menu system, offering a brief description of each key setting and its effect, helping you learn more about the camera as you use it.</p>
<p>You can also shoot overhead, at ground level or around corners with the EOS 600D’s</p>
<p>Vari-angle 7.7cm 3:2 ratio ClearView LCD. Rich on-screen detail is provided in 1.04 million-dot resolution, and the side-mounted hinge allows users to comfortably and creatively shoot from a range of unusual angles, or when using a tripod. A smudge-resistant fluorine coating and three anti-reflection coatings also ensure you can see the LCD in clear detail, wherever you are.</p>
<p>Allowing you to apply your own stamp to your shots, the EOS 600D is perfect for experimenting with different Creative Filters. Fish-eye-Effect creates a barrel-shaped distortion similar to a fish-eye lens, and you can instantly turn a scene into a small-scale model with Miniature Effect. Toy Camera Effect, Grainy B/W and Soft Focus offer additional options, allowing you to experiment with your images in a number of different ways.</p>
<p><strong>Capture stunning detail with EOS movie</strong></p>
<p>Capture your memories in superb clarity with Full HD (1080p) movie mode, while a dedicated movie shooting mode means you can switch between stills and HD video instantly. You can also reach distant subjects using new Movie Digital Zoom function, which crops the centre of the sensor from 3x to 10x while still maintaining Full HD quality – great for capturing wildlife on a safari holiday.</p>
<p>Enabling you to capture more engaging videos, Video Snapshot mode shoots video in two, four, or eight second segments, creating clips that are short, easy to edit and of similar lengths to clips used in most TV programmes. As they are recorded, the clips are saved to a Video Snapshot Album and combined into one movie. A soundtrack can be added by choosing from tracks uploaded to the camera and the result viewed on the camera’s LCD, or on an HDTV via the built-in mini HDMI connection.</p>
<p><strong>The EOS system – unrestricted creativity</strong></p>
<p>As your skills develop, the EOS 600D grows with you. As part of Canon’s EOS range, the camera is compatible with the unrivalled selection of EF lenses and a range of accessories, so you can add to your kitbag as your ability and style develops. Over 60 lenses provide you with unlimited creative possibilities: wide-angle lenses capture sweeping landscapes, macro lenses capture the most intricate beauty of the tiniest creatures, and telephoto lenses make distant scenes appear as if they are right in front of you.</p>
<p>Using Canon’s range of Speedlite flashes and the EOS 600D’s Integrated</p>
<p>Speedlite Transmitter, you can also experiment with different lighting techniques, or use your flash off-camera, to give your subject or scene a completely different look and feel.  With the Easy Wireless function, the camera will also take care of the complicated settings whilst you focus on framing and lighting your scene as you wish.</p>
<p>Introducing the new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II</p>
<p>Launching with the EOS 600D is the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II – a new kit lens that provides excellent performance for beginners. A lightweight construction makes it easy to carry, and Canon’s acclaimed optical Image Stabilization also minimises the risk of blur, allowing photographers to use shutter speeds 4 stops slower while still maintaining a blur-free shot. The EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II will succeed the existing EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS in Canon’s lens line-up.</p>
<p><strong>EOS 600D – key features:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>18-megapixel CMOS sensor</li>
<li>Scene Intelligent Auto mode</li>
<li>Full-HD EOS Movie</li>
<li>On-screen Feature Guide</li>
<li>3.7fps continuous shooting</li>
<li>Wide-area 9-point AF</li>
<li>1,040k-dot vari-angle 7.7cm (3.0”) screen</li>
<li>Basic+ and Creative Filters</li>
<li>Built-in wireless flash control</li>
</ul>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r </strong></p>

Upvote 0
S

stormtroopar

ChadSorianoPhotoBlog said:
Canon is sure cutting into the 60D market share. I bet some people are feeling 60D buyer's regret right now...
Yeah, its a bit surprising how much of 60D's stuff they put into this new 600D. At first I was a bit in shock as I just ordered the 60D ... :eek: but with a really good deal. But I actually don't regret it for one bit.

Here's my reason. I recently just went on a trip to Asia, and had my Rebel XS with a 35mm 1.4L and 17-55mm f2.8IS lens with me. In short, I have pushed my body to the limit and ran into a lot of the body's limitation during my shooting throughout the trip. High ISO quality and Auto Focus performance being 2 of the major issues. Hence my upgrade to 60D. My great lenses couldn't save my camera in these 2 areas and there are small things here and there that lead me to upgrading.

After playing with 60D for 3 hours at a store, I find it is much much better than the Rebel in overall handling and auto focusing performance. I do mostly street photography in natural lighting, so what people hated about the 60D not having the magnesium body, I love.. because it allow the body to be much lighter to carry around all day, on my hand with my hand strap and the built is still quite a bit better than Rebels. Both 7D and 5DmkII to me is too heavy to carry like that all day. That is another advantage for me with this camera.

I still wish it has 7D 's autofocusing, which is really really really good, but 60D is still way better than the Rebel series. IF.. they put the same 60D auto focus system into 600D (the 9 cross type points), then I probably would be ... kinda piss.. :mad: I guess they still want one of 7D's strong selling point to be it's auto focus system.

IMO, I think they should put a toned down version of 7D's auto focus system into the 60D, and put the xxD's current 9 pt cross type system into the 600D. The Rebel system has been around for a long time and just isn't very good. The xxD's system is also quite old and should of been upgraded too with the 60D. Well, too late now. Hope Canon is listening..

Cheers.

Upvote 0
S

stormtroopar

erikandersen said:
Canon Rumors said:
You can also reach distant subjects using new Movie Digital Zoom function, which crops the centre of the sensor from 3x to 10x while still maintaining Full HD quality.

This is the big deal for video shooters. It's a big deal.
I hope they will add this feature to other models with a software upgrade.... ::)
This would be really great and can't see it only on the Rebel model.

Upvote 0
C

Canonix

Well, I'm glad the 600D has finally been announced. I'm upgrading from a 350D, and I'm glad I waited rather than plumping for the 550D. I have been looking at the 60D - although it handles better, it is quite a bit heavier and quite a lot more expensive (and the AF in LiveView sucks - at least, on the one I played with in a shop), so I think I will go for the 600D.

I see that Amazon.com list the US version (T3i) with 18-55 lens for USD899, but 'not yet released'.
Amazon UK and Amazon Germany do not list it yet.

Is there any word on pricing and availability in Europe?

Upvote 0
S

stormtroopar

Speaking of AF in Live View... Has anyone tried an DSLR that has good focusing in Live View? Meaning pretty fast and accurate.. I have not seen one yet, even on 7D or 5DmkII... Have really been curious about that.

The mode where you looses the screen for a sec is not too bad.. (forgot the name, phase detection I think.., not the contrast AF). But I still wish it'd be a bit faster than that to make live view really useful to capture the moment.

Upvote 0
C

Canonix

Accorcing to canon.com (USA):

"The Canon EOS T3i Digital SLR camera is scheduled to be delivered to U.S. dealers in the beginning of March, and will be sold in a body-only configuration at an estimated retail price of $799.99. It will also be offered in a kit version with Canon's new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II zoom lens at an estimated retail price of $899.99. It will also be available in a second kit version with Canon's EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens at an estimated retail price of $1099.00. "

Nothing on pricing & availability in Europe.

Upvote 0
U

unruled

Canonix said:
Accorcing to canon.com (USA):

"The Canon EOS T3i Digital SLR camera is scheduled to be delivered to U.S. dealers in the beginning of March, and will be sold in a body-only configuration at an estimated retail price of $799.99. It will also be offered in a kit version with Canon's new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II zoom lens at an estimated retail price of $899.99. It will also be available in a second kit version with Canon's EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens at an estimated retail price of $1099.00. "

Nothing on pricing & availability in Europe.

$=Euro, mostly.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
C

Canonix

It's just appeared on the German Canon website (http://www.canon.de/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_600D/), according to which it is "Verfügbar ab : März, 2011" (available from March 2011).

They don't mention the price, though...

One euro is currently worth $1.36. Taking the US kit price of $899, that ought to be €661, but of course, it won't be - like a lot of companies, Canon will milk the European market (especially the German market) for all it can. The 550D kit (with 18-55mm) costs around €690, the 60D kit around €1030, so I suppose the 600D kit will start at some €850 - not far short of 1:1 to the US price.

Upvote 0
N

NotABunny

Upvote 0
C

Canonix

In the UK:

"Pricing and Availability

* The EOS 600D (body only) is available from early April 2011, priced at £679.00/€819.00 RRP incl. VAT.
* The EOS 600D EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II is available from early April 2011, priced at £769.00/€929.00 RRP incl. VAT.
* The EOS 600D EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS is available from early April 2011, priced at £949.00/€1,149.00 RRP incl. VAT."

(Canon.co.uk press release)

I wonder why they give prices in euros.... do Canon know something we don't? ;)

Upvote 0
G

galwithawand

buying question

I have two questions which I hope you guys could help with. I'm interested in buying the camera but should I buy it in retail or online? If online which website has the best deals? Also, should I get the Japan version or the US version or the international version? I heard the Japan version is sturdier and has better materials dont know if it's true.
thank you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.