Canon U.S.A. Responds To Customer Needs With New imagePROGRAF iPF670 And iPF770 Large Format Printer

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Re: Canon U.S.A. Responds To Customer Needs With New imagePROGRAF iPF670 And iPF770 Large Format Pri

privatebydesign said:
mackguyver said:
privatebydesign said:
Famateur said:
jrista said:
Wow. I've been looking to get a 24" large format printer for a while. I keep looking at older models of Canon and Epson wide formats....but at less than $1300, the iPF670 is a steal. o_O

Are these geared for photo printing?

From the description in the announcement, it sounds like it's geared more toward office environments (i.e. not the best photo performance). The shorter model number (compared to, say, the IPF6400) and the lower price seem to indicate that it's not in the same class as Canon's wide format photo printers.

Anyone else wondering the same thing?

I'm not wondering. They are not photo printers.
They did mention enlargements...last. Enlargements of photos off the web, I presume ;)

"These models support a variety of applications including: posters, presentations, technical documents, drawings, company announcements, and enlargements."

:) Maybe....

They are five colour ink sets, so keep dreaming those that want a band new state of the art wide gamut ink set 24" photo printer for $1,300.
DARN!

Guess I'll hold onto that dot-matrix printer for a bit longer :)

Upvote 0