Canon USA officially responds to concerns about shipping delays of the Canon EOS R5

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon USA has made an official statement and it has been published on PetaPixel about rumored shipping delays for the Canon EOS R5, they do not touch on concerns about the performance of the EOS R5.
From Canon USA:
Orders of the EOS R5 are scheduled to be delivered as initially stated at launch. The first set of cameras shipped from our warehouses this week. We eagerly await the content that will be produced by talented creatives using this camera to be shared with the world.
That’s it, that’s all.
I think it’s best if I just let each individual translate this official statement from Canon USA for themselves.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Well that's clearly going to be disappointing for a lot of YouTube Vloggers. What will the Internet write about this weekend then?

Well, it's a long weekend, so it's the best time to release a statement that may not be received favorably or with confusion.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
As someone waiting for their preorder, this does little to make me feel better. Given the rumors of a *November second batch*, stating only that the "current batch" has shipped as expected seems like the weakest possible response. It's not like any of us know what that initial number was supposed to be, so it doesn't add any new meaningful information. It's equivalent to saying "the current number of backorders is the correct number of backorders". OK, great.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Well that's clearly going to be disappointing for a lot of YouTube Vloggers. What will the Internet write about this weekend then?

This will only add fire to those questioning Canon. There are rumors/concerns around delayed second shipment, and all this statement confirms is what we already know—the first shipment went out.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
Wow. In terms of PR strategy, that was almost worse than not putting out a statement at all. I don't believe the theory that's floating around that Canon is withholding the second batch of shipments because they're planning a recall, but this statement certainly did nothing do tamp down that rumor.

It's definitely worse than not putting out a statement at all. Wowza.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

BakaBokeh

CR Pro
May 16, 2020
You gotta read between the lines.

"Orders of the EOS R5 are scheduled to be delivered as initially stated at launch. The first set of cameras shipped from our warehouses this week. We eagerly await the content that will be produced by talented creatives using this camera to be shared with the world. [...So all you dumb asses can focus on what the camera can actually do and not this overheating nonsense.]"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Upvote 0

Max TT

Canon 60D / Canon 6D
Feb 9, 2020
They said nothing here, but still much better than the dismissive Canon Australia statement.

I am kinda happy about the possible delay, I am choosing too take it as a positive thing. Hoping that it means they are working on a solution for those concerned about the current issues.

Upvote 0

marathonman

CR Pro
Aug 29, 2016
This will only add fire to those questioning Canon. There are rumors/concerns around delayed second shipment, and all this statement confirms is what we already know—the first shipment went out.
Unfortunate choice of word there (fire) given the heated nature of the debate surrounding the R6 / R5. ;-)

• Haha
Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
There's so much precedent for camera recalls, dating back even to the original 5D, in which the mirror would detach, in some bodies, I don't know why everyone seems up-in-arms about it this time.

Though, with non-committal press releases like this one, Canon sure is . . . stoking the flames ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Canon PR:
PR v.2: We greatly underestimated the popularity of the EOS R5 and we are vigorously working to meet the demand.
PR V.3: Canon will be delaying further releases of the EOS R5 to address customer concerns about overheating issues.
PR V.4: There is new firmware coming that will address the overheating shutdown. The warning and overheating shutdown will be eliminated.
PR V.5: Canon is attempting to rewrite the "Laws of Thermodynamics" for a future firmware update.
PR V.6: The EOS R5 robotic production line had to be shutdown due to a software virus. The robotic software engineers are quarantined due to the Covid-19 virus.
PR V.7: The CMOS masking machine is shut down due to a shortage of masks.

• Haha
Upvote 0