Canon USA restocks inventory of RF mount refurbished lenses

Damn, I wonder how many people are ahead of me in the queue for the refurbed 28-70. I was hemming and hawing for months. If I'd known how long it would take I would've ordered way before December.
And yeah, wanted to change my credit card on the purchase, and after an hour wait on the phone they told me I'd have to cancel the order and reorder, which I would not do since it was like $400 cheaper than usual refurb. I did buy the 24-240 refurbed recently, and I got that in like three days and its turned out to be a pretty nifty walkaround lens. The 28-70 is the first time I've had any problems with the refurb site. I don't know why they list them in stock if they're... not.
From information I gathered; others may not have the same problem as me. It would depend on which warehouse the order was sent to to be fulfilled. It seems that orders from the website get sent to specific warehouses based upon customer location. And from there it depends on that warehouse getting stock. And their ability to get stock may not be related to the age of your particular order.

Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Over the years I've been happy with refurb lenses and even a refurb body (5 series with about 3000 shutter actuations). But, even though their technology is great and even though the Canon has prospered, they really ought to spend some time with their website accuracy and inventory control. Ordered a lens on August 5 ("in stock" both on the day I ordered and even showing "in stock" the next day) but has been "processing" since. One never knows exactly if and when it will ship.

Refurbs are, in some ways, better than new because they have been inspected by Canon before the sale and they come with the same warranty as new. But, I will not sell the old lens I am replacing until the one on order actually ships!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0