Canon USA restocks refurbished RF lenses, including the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM and RF 28-70 f/2L USM

The Canon online store if providing false information on the stock availability. I tried to buy the RF 28-70mm when it was in stock. The order was completed and I even received a confirmation email stating the product was"In Stock". Later, my order was updated to "backordered". I contacted Canon and they told me that the website was not reflecting properly their inventory. The problem is that I contacted them twice 5 days apart as the online store still show the product in stock when it's obviously not. The two times, they confirmed that they were aware and they were working on it ..... How a multi billion company is not able to properly update their website to reflect the proper inventory ....
I seems that Canon is trying to push customers to order by providing false information on their inventory.
I checked if other customers had the issue and it looks like there are other people in the same situation. Check Reseller Rating website: https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Canon_eStore
I will highly recommend to not buy directly on the Canon webiste. Use your preferred local store or online stores like B&H

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2020
The Canon online store if providing false information on the stock availability. I tried to buy the RF 28-70mm when it was in stock. The order was completed and I even received a confirmation email stating the product was"In Stock". Later, my order was updated to "backordered". I contacted Canon and they told me that the website was not reflecting properly their inventory. The problem is that I contacted them twice 5 days apart as the online store still show the product in stock when it's obviously not. The two times, they confirmed that they were aware and they were working on it ..... How a multi billion company is not able to properly update their website to reflect the proper inventory ....
I seems that Canon is trying to push customers to order by providing false information on their inventory.
I checked if other customers had the issue and it looks like there are other people in the same situation. Check Reseller Rating website: https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Canon_eStore
I will highly recommend to not buy directly on the Canon webiste. Use your preferred local store or online stores like B&H
I have the exactly same issue with the same lens. I placed the order a week ago and still in backorder. Got the confirmation email, but the bill is showing as pending also showing backordered in status. Hope they won't cancel it... Please let me know if anything happens to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0