Canos Freezing problem

Hy guys,

Bought my R3 in January this year.

Configured my way, as a Sports Photographer, and all went smooth until this week. In two soccer games, my R3 just freezed up, and i mean, is was "dead" for taking photos.

The screen was still active, but blurred with no focus system activated , the shutter was dead too, as all the buttons. This took like 30 secs to 1min and re-established itself. Had this like 4 times in row, until i took out the battery, and turned it on.

I was in panic, as i was shooting a league match, and next week i will have Champions and Europa League matches.

Anyone with similar problems? I read a thread stating the problem was the GPS, but i have it disabled.

Doesn't seem to be the card, but i noticed that the freezes came when i was editing to my agency. Seemed like the camera went to sleep and took a long time to became available again

Any help would be appreciated as Canon wants to pick up the camera but i don´t know how much time, without the camera, is involved.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

JR

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Hi joaorico!
And welcome to CR.

Bad to read such a Story.
Haven‘t heard or read anything similar yet.
I would ask Canon about repair time and if you can get a loaner if it takes too long.
If you are a CPS member you can ask for a priority repair.
With a minor problem I recieved my 5D3 back from CPS Germany after just 4 days.

Hope the best for you.
Please keep us informed how it turned out.
Good luck.

Upvote 0
Hi joaorico!
And welcome to CR.

Bad to read such a Story.
Haven‘t heard or read anything similar yet.
I would ask Canon about repair time and if you can get a loaner if it takes too long.
If you are a CPS member you can ask for a priority repair.
With a minor problem I recieved my 5D3 back from CPS Germany after just 4 days.

Hope the best for you.
Please keep us informed how it turned out.
Good luck.

Will go to Canon for sure.
I am a Platinum CPS Member, but since yesterday became a paid service and i still have to migrate my account, so i guess i will have to do these next matches with my R6, R5 and 1dx
Thanks

Cheers,

JR

Upvote 0
Mar 22, 2020
It has happened to me a few times in recent months during events. Its as if the body goes to hibernation mode if inactive for a few minutes, but nothing brings it back to life other than removing the battery and re-seating it. I've had this R3 from December 2021 and had no issues of this nature until the last firmware update. I suspect its someway linked to the sleep settings in the EVF as it seems to happen when the EVF goes into sleep mode and is inactive for a few minutes, generally during the half time interval in sporting events.

Upvote 0
It has happened to me a few times in recent months during events. Its as if the body goes to hibernation mode if inactive for a few minutes, but nothing brings it back to life other than removing the battery and re-seating it. I've had this R3 from December 2021 and had no issues of this nature until the last firmware update. I suspect its someway linked to the sleep settings in the EVF as it seems to happen when the EVF goes into sleep mode and is inactive for a few minutes, generally during the half time interval in sporting events.
Hi Red Dog,

What settings do you mean?

Cheers

JR

Upvote 0