CS6 license blocked

Feb 9, 2019
Hi Seniors

Need guidance please ..
I had photoshop CS6 license (student and teacher edition) from 2013 which I got from my university staffs on my name. At that time adobe took my id card etc too to validate it.
Fast forwarding 2020, my current laptop gave up and i got a new one and while I tried to reinstall the photoshop from cd..it didnt allow me to use license. After many days of discussion adobe didnt agree to activate even after showing all mail threads ..they said the university agent was fraud and so we blocked all licenses awarded that time. I know nothing can be done and not worth for me to struggle in legal way for one software...

Want to know what are best options today.. can i buy a cs6 from somewhere or need to get the new concept(trying to avoid paying rentsl for it every year)

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Sorry you've had this trouble. You might find an old boxed copy of CS6 on eBay or something like that - take your risks if you will as they may be counterfeit. Is Photoshop your only option? If you are open or able to use different software, you might want to give Affinity Photo a try. It is probably the best Photoshop alternative available today, does most of what Photoshop can do, and at $50 (there is also a free trial) you can't go wrong. Just a thought.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2019
Sorry you've had this trouble. You might find an old boxed copy of CS6 on eBay or something like that - take your risks if you will as they may be counterfeit. Is Photoshop your only option? If you are open or able to use different software, you might want to give Affinity Photo a try. It is probably the best Photoshop alternative available today, does most of what Photoshop can do, and at $50 (there is also a free trial) you can't go wrong. Just a thought.
Oh nice to know about it...I'll try..thanks for guidance

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2019
Sorry for your trouble, too.

How much post production do you really do?
Did you ever try out the Canon DPP (latest version)?
Free of charge, you only need the serial no. of your Canon camera.
For me it is enough.
But if you do a lot of PP then look for something else.
Hi Max

Thanks for reply, frankly i never tried DPP even though i had it.. I use PS for portrait retouch for skin, eye etc... I'll look at DPP and Affinity

Upvote 0