Deal: Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R $127 (Reg $199)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Good deal, but the discount is from $159, not $199. Note that this has the brushed metal look to make compatible with the R body styling, unlike the basic model which also has some less refined molding lines.

A quick check at B&H shows the price is $199.

[edit--but yes the Canon store says $159. Hmmmm.]

I'm going to jump on this as an R of some sort is definitely in my future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
A quick check at B&H shows the price is $199.

I'm going to jump on this as an R of some sort is definitely in my future.
I was thinking that but then reined in my thought process by realizing that many of the releases and special offers include an adapter, so I scratched the idea.

The only rumored R I am interested in is the 5DSr replacement and that could be a couple of years away.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I was thinking that but then reined in my thought process by realizing that many of the releases and special offers include an adapter, so I scratched the idea.

The only rumored R I am interested in is the 5DSr replacement and that could be a couple of years away.

Every "kit" bundle I have ever seen has the plain adapter on it (or no adapter at all). It's irritating, because I'd cheerfully pay the price difference ($100) for a kit that had the control ring adapter in it. I save $100 that way, as do the people who just want the plain adapter.

This way I save $70, which is better than nothing.

Upvote 0