Deal: Canon EOS 5DS $1655 (Reg $3499) and Canon EOS 5DS R $1865 (Reg $3699)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Jun 25, 2012
Canada
Just curious...if you do get some kind of 'grey market' camera, like these might be....
I know there will be likely NO warranty work done...of course...

But, if you have a problem and send the camera in to Canon, will they still fix it for a fee?
Or will they just not touch it at all?

TIA,

cayenne

Canon Canada has always fixed mine for a fee.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Just curious...if you do get some kind of 'grey market' camera, like these might be....
I know there will be likely NO warranty work done...of course...

But, if you have a problem and send the camera in to Canon, will they still fix it for a fee?
Or will they just not touch it at all?

TIA,

cayenne

I have had grey market items repaired under warranty in Canada, I've heard of others experiencing the same in the USA. Out of warranty, Canon will fix anything that they have parts for.

Upvote 0

dtaylor

Canon 5Ds
Jul 26, 2011
Bait and switch ? I guess !

I don't see how they could get away with that on eBay. Both eBay and PayPal (if you use PayPal) would protect you and refund your money. And the damage from just a handful of 'bait-n-switch' negative scores would destroy them. There are other gray market importers on eBay who would gladly eat their lunch.

At worse I think a gray market importer could 'bait-n-switch' the battery and charger. But at the price you're paying you could throw those in the trash and buy a dozen Canon chargers/batteries.

Upvote 0