Deal: Canon EOS 5DS body $1305 (Reg $3499)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
6ave (99.7% approval) is selling the Canon EOS 5DS body for $1305 (Reg $3499) for a limited time via ebay.
This is the lowest price we’ve seen for the EOS 5DS body.
Canon EOS 5DS body $1305 (Reg $3499)
Note: This item is likely grey market, but you should still be covered by Canon’s warranty in most countries.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

goldenhusky

CR Pro
Dec 2, 2016
I'd like to hear why you think this. Any personal experience?

I had a bad experience with 6ave. I bought a 5D4 last May the camera had a sticker on it with a serial #. The serial # reported on the EXIF data in the images wasn't matching the serial # on the body. I ended up returning the camera. I have read a story about refurbished Canon bodies were put in fake retail boxes in some asian country and shipped all over the world to be sold as new. That was few years ago. I am not sure if such a thing is still going on. If anyone buys from these unauthorized dealers I would suggest checking the serial # on the body matches with what is being reported on the EXIF data.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I had a bad experience with 6ave. I bought a 5D4 last May the camera had a sticker on it with a serial #. The serial # reported on the EXIF data in the images wasn't matching the serial # on the body. I ended up returning the camera. I have read a story about refurbished Canon bodies were put in fake retail boxes in some asian country and shipped all over the world to be sold as new. That was few years ago. I am not sure if such a thing is still going on. If anyone buys from these unauthorized dealers I would suggest checking the serial # on the body matches with what is being reported on the EXIF data.
That's what scares me about ever buying grey market.

Upvote 0
I had a bad experience with 6ave. ... If anyone buys from these unauthorized dealers I would suggest checking the serial # on the body matches with what is being reported on the EXIF data.
Thank you. It is temping to see a price that is 60% plus lower than retail, but not at the cost of buying problems.

Upvote 0