Deal: Canon EOS R Body $1799 (Reg $1999), EOS R with the RF 24-105mm f/4L IS $2609 (Reg $2899)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No adapter, free SD card or 13month protection. Doesn't make sense to purchase refurbished without these included. Also Samy's Camera has a 3% rewards if you buy the EOS R body, it is bundled with an extra battery and camera bag. ($2000-$60 (giftcard) - $40 battery - $20 SD Card, -$100 adapter, including the 13 month protection = <$1780...

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Where refurbished stock comes from has always been a mystery and the subject of much speculation, especially since most times the products are pristine. Everyone has their pet theory. One of mine is that a certain percentage of all products end up with shipping container damage to the boxes, but not the product inside. Or Canon might just pull a bunch of stock out of the warehouse when they feel like it.

Upvote 0
Matti Haapoja just put out a vid that the EOS R is the most underrated camera of 2019. He might singlehandedly save it in the vlogging community, the way he did the 6Dii several years ago. After this, a few vloggers will try it, post their own positive reviews, momentum will build, and it will become a new standard for full frame vlogging.

As an aside, those of you considering the refurb deal, remember the taxes. Here in NYC (8.8% local and state) it would be over $150, negating the savings of buying refurb. May as well go to B&H through that new member program they started which refunds you the sales tax.

Upvote 0

gbc

Oct 19, 2018
I was wondering how they could have a stock pile of referbed 'R's at this point. Then I remembered that every one that ever posted a video on youtube got flown to Hawaii and given one. I wonder if that is where they came from.
Pretty sure all those people were given pre-production models to test out and had to leave them there. More likely a bunch of people bought Rs and returned them I'd say.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

gbc

Oct 19, 2018
I love my EOS R so much, I'd buy one more in a heartbeat at the price, but I really need another 2 card body. I kept my 5DS, but I'm waiting for whatever 2 card "R" body comes first. Already set aside funds for it.
Same. I bought the R as a second body/backup to my 5DIV. But been leaving the 5D at home more and more. Would buy another R without question, but really waiting for the "pro" R body. It will replace my 5DIV. I hope.

Upvote 0