Deal of the Day: DJI Ronin-SC Gimbal Stabilizer $299 (Reg $439)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Adorama has the DJI Ronin-SC Gimbal Stabilizer as their Deal of the Day for only $299 (Reg $439).
The Ronin-SC is DJI’s latest handheld camera stabilizer. Tailored for mirrorless cameras, Ronin-SC is lightweight and delivers excellent stabilization that the Ronin series is acclaimed for. Intelligent creation functions with superb user experience and a series of carefully designed accessories meet every shooting demand in a wide range of scenarios. Seamless compatibility with mainstream mirrorless cameras brings an excellent shooting experience for videographers and creators of all types.
DJI Ronin-SC Gimbal Stabilizer $299 (Reg $439)

Continue reading...

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
FYI I have one of these it works great with my fuji XT-3's but the EOSR with the 24-105 rf lens seems to be too heavy for it, I know the box says it works but my experience with the canon has not been great
Thanks for posting. I was looking up the weights of the EOS R and the RF 24-70 and the 85mm... pushing the upper end on the Ronin’s stated load capacity. Was thinking I may better off the bigger model. But boy is this thing a total steal right now if you are using smaller bodies and Smaller glass! And EOS R and the RF 35 (non L) i bet would do well on this. You think its big enough to accommodate a Ninja V attached with a SmallRig clamp arm?

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
Yes so have I with the 1DX II and I have been really impressed that DJI have updated the firmware for the S to include new features and functionality introduced in the SC.
So the larger S model has been good for you with the DX2?

I have the Ronin M now and wasnt crazy about it with that camera.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
So the larger S model has been good for you with the DX2?

I have the Ronin M now and wasnt crazy about it with that camera.
Yes, as far as these things go it has worked well with the 1DX II and a 'normal' sized lens. It will fly the 1DX II with an 11-24 but the whole thing gets too heavy to use for any amount of time, and as I said I have been particularly impressed with the way DJI have kept on with the firmware updates. I was very disappointed when I got it that camera controls were not supported with the 1DX II but now they are. One of the things I got it for was panning time lapses and without camera controls that was useless, but now it works.

I believe the S has more powerful motors than the older M, certainly when compared with other similar style gimbals the Ronin S does produce smoother video. Having said that the newer style of gimbal seems to have smoother carrying options but nothing you couldn't recreate with an aftermarket handle or two, the truth is carrying a 1DX II and lens and gimbal etc needs two hands after a very short time.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Wish I had waited for the Ronin S. I have the Zhiyun Crane 2 and it's a little clunky sometimes. Handles a 1DX mark II and a mid-weight lens OK but it needs to be fitted with a deeper mount which causes more interference if you like to shoot inverted. It's overkill for the XT3. I have to set the stepper motor power to the lowest settings. Should be good for the R5 though if that works out. With IBIS becoming standard I'm hoping I won't need the gimbal.

Upvote 0

DannyPwins

EOS Me
Mar 27, 2016
Thanks for posting. I was looking up the weights of the EOS R and the RF 24-70 and the 85mm... pushing the upper end on the Ronin’s stated load capacity. Was thinking I may better off the bigger model. But boy is this thing a total steal right now if you are using smaller bodies and Smaller glass! And EOS R and the RF 35 (non L) i bet would do well on this. You think its big enough to accommodate a Ninja V attached with a SmallRig clamp arm?
Sounds like you need the regular Ronin S.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0