Deal of the Day: NiSi 77mm Special Edition ND Circular Filter Kit $189

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Last edited:
I have just had a very bad experience with Nisi. I purchased an 82mm 10 stop filter. I used it once and noted the strong red cast. I then attempted to return it and Nisi refused. Their tech advised this:

'Another scenario could be that the filter is inserted in the furthest slot away from the lens rather than the very first slot closest to the lens. Alternatively, check for any damage to the foam gasket and ensure it’s attached correctly. I would advise that you please try the above before returning the item. We’ve sold thousands of these filters and complaints we have received similar to yours were easily fixed by applying these techniques in the field or by sending replacement foam gaskets that arrived damaged.'

What in the world?! Slots? Foam gasket? A circular 82mm lens has neither, of course.

The attached show the subject with and without the filter.

Caveat emptor!

John

Upvote 0
I have just had a very bad experience with Nisi. I purchased an 82mm 10 stop filter. I used it once and noted the strong red cast. I then attempted to return it and Nisi refused. Their tech advised this:

'Another scenario could be that the filter is inserted in the furthest slot away from the lens rather than the very first slot closest to the lens. Alternatively, check for any damage to the foam gasket and ensure it’s attached correctly. I would advise that you please try the above before returning the item. We’ve sold thousands of these filters and complaints we have received similar to yours were easily fixed by applying these techniques in the field or by sending replacement foam gaskets that arrived damaged.'

What in the world?! Slots? Foam gasket? A circular 82mm lens has neither, of course.

The attached show the subject with and without the filter.

Caveat emptor!

John
Desoto Falls, AL color not corrected resized.JPGDesoto Falls, AL resized.JPG

Upvote 0