Deal: Save 20% off select refurbished gear at the Canon USA Store

Oct 28, 2014
By the way, it's back in stock.
Hey thanks for the alert - earlier is was "back in stock" but backordered when at the order page. This time it went through - so going to see if that holds.

Now..... need to get a RF mount body to use with this paperweight!

Reactions: jdavidse

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Did it! RP + 24-105 F4/L. Sales tax was a monster.

So now, it appears the RP will be my first full frame, after all, since I'll likely receive it before the 29th. (And that date assumes the R5 hits my brick and mortar on that day in enough quantity to put one in my hands--I preordered June 18th, is that early enough?)

HenryL

EOS R5
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
So now the real dilemma...

I have the EF 2.8 trinity, 100L Macro and 100-400LII so I was content to continue with those on the R5, then pick up the 50 & 85/1.2 in fall/winter and then eventually replace the trinity. Now after almost getting this deal on the 50, I am struggling to resist the urge to buy one lens now even at full price. :oops:

Iwasaki

I'm New Here
Feb 29, 2020
When you say 24-105 are you just getting the lens?

I had the body and lens.

Funny. A nikon forum posted "So what do you all think of the new Z5?"
My answer... I just ordered and EOS R :D

Iwasaki

I'm New Here
Feb 29, 2020
Uh oh....just looked and it says backordered on mine. I don't think you can backorder a refurb can you?

jdavidse

R5
CR Pro
Sep 13, 2012
So now the real dilemma...

I have the EF 2.8 trinity, 100L Macro and 100-400LII so I was content to continue with those on the R5, then pick up the 50 & 85/1.2 in fall/winter and then eventually replace the trinity. Now after almost getting this deal on the 50, I am struggling to resist the urge to buy one lens now even at full price. :oops:
I made the RF 70-200 my first trinity replacement because of the weight and size savings. It completely transformed how and where I carry the 70-200 with me, what bags it fits in, and even whether it gets left home or not. The EF 70-200 plus adapter was a monster. The performance improvements are nice too.

HenryL

EOS R5
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
I made the RF 70-200 my first trinity replacement because of the weight and size savings. It completely transformed how and where I carry the 70-200 with me, what bags it fits in, and even whether it gets left home or not. The EF 70-200 plus adapter was a monster. The performance improvements are nice too.
Makes sense. As long as I still have my 7D2, the 70-200 is going to have a home in my bag though. Actually, since the RF version can't take a converter at all, I'm not really in a rush to switch that one at all. Glad your experience with it jives with all the reviews I've read.

jdavidse

R5
CR Pro
Sep 13, 2012
Makes sense. As long as I still have my 7D2, the 70-200 is going to have a home in my bag though. Actually, since the RF version can't take a converter at all, I'm not really in a rush to switch that one at all. Glad your experience with it jives with all the reviews I've read.
It’s interesting looking back at when I bought it, which was the first day it was available. Nobody knew then that it wouldn’t take an extender. The decision was easy and ignorance was bliss!

Reactions: HenryL

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
My refurb RP + 24-105 f/4 order is "backordered" according to the automated phone system.

Apparently, they're willing to sell some refurbs in advance/anticipation of actually having that specific item being refurbished. This could make some sense if it's a common item. In any case it does look more and more likely I'll have my R5 before I have this, and the R5 will be my first full-frame camera.

jdavidse

R5
CR Pro
Sep 13, 2012
My order was just cancelled. Anybody else? They did not send me an email- it's just the status on the site, which I've been checking daily.

HenryL

EOS R5
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Mine was cancelled a day or so ago. Ended up ordering a new 50 from B&H...being delivered tomorrow along with the R5. woohoo lol

Maru

EOS M6 Mark II
Feb 9, 2019
How many shutter count we can expect on a canon refurb. 5dmkIV!

My refub experience back on 2012 was very bad..i got a scratchy 7d with 12k shutter count and then had put a hell lot of fight to get a replacement.. replacement was very nice though..

What about people experience here

jdavidse

R5
CR Pro
Sep 13, 2012
Mine was cancelled a day or so ago. Ended up ordering a new 50 from B&H...being delivered tomorrow along with the R5. woohoo lol
Oooof, that's a big price difference to swallow. Congrats on the 50 and R5!

HenryL

EOS R5
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Oooof, that's a big price difference to swallow. Congrats on the 50 and R5!
Thx, it's been a joy so far just getting used to the new gear. The $100 instant savings made it just a tiny bit more palatable, but it is what it is haha.