Deal: Save 20% off select refurbished gear at the Canon USA Store

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA store is having a big sale on refurbished gear, you can save 20% off of select gear!
You automatically get 10% off all refurbished gear at the Canon USA store and can use the coupon code BRN8B7D to save an additional 10% off some gear.
Pricing includes shipping.
DSLR Cameras:

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $1837
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II $3999

Mirrorless Cameras:

Canon EOS RP $744
Canon EOS RP w/24-105mm f/4L IS USM $1392
Canon EOS R $1327

RF Lenses:

Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM $672
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM $728

EF Lenses:

Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L $1959
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L $922
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II...

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/deal-save-20-off-select-refurbished-gear-at-the-canon-usa-store/]Continue reading...

Last edited:

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
OK -- The EOS R is Canon EOS R $1327 ... with extra 10%.

Will the EOS R brand new, if and WHEN we get the rumored price drop... will it be Lower than that?

DEBATING on jumping on this deal! UGHH.

I don't see an EOS R price drop before Black Friday. It fits in nicely at its current price in the lineup. I could be wrong, but I think it'll sit at $1799 for a while with $1499 coming in or around November.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
Wasn't going to pick up any RF glass until after I'd had the camera for a while, but this deal I just couldn't pass up. Just scored a refurb RF 50/1.2 for $1489.75 with this extra 10% off. Thanks!

Edit: FYI - the 24-105/4L IS is also in stock, the code brings the price to $712.15.
Yup. I had that 50 in my cart with the discount and was about to give the final click when I realized I don't need a fast 50, I need a fast 24...
Enjoy you're new glass.

Upvote 0

jdavidse

R5
CR Pro
Sep 13, 2012
Wasn't going to pick up any RF glass until after I'd had the camera for a while, but this deal I just couldn't pass up. Just scored a refurb RF 50/1.2 for $1489.75 with this extra 10% off. Thanks!

Edit: FYI - the 24-105/4L IS is also in stock, the code brings the price to $712.15.

I think I got the last one! Out of stock now lol

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
I think I got the last one! Out of stock now lol
Yeah, about that...this may not work out for me. I checked my order yesterday afternoon and it showed as backordered. I called...they said no they are in stock and verified with the warehouse. The rep also mentioned that refurbished items can't actually go into backorder status because they aren't in regular supply. Anyway, I was told they would call back - they didn't so I checked back at the end of the day. I was told the same thing and that the supervisor would again contact the warehouse to release my order. They still hadn't returned that call either. It pops in and out of stock on the website. Hopefully it will all get sorted today. Man that is a sweet deal and it's gonna hurt if it doesn't pan out, but worse things can happen. :confused:

Upvote 0

jdavidse

R5
CR Pro
Sep 13, 2012
Yeah, about that...this may not work out for me. I checked my order yesterday afternoon and it showed as backordered. I called...they said no they are in stock and verified with the warehouse. The rep also mentioned that refurbished items can't actually go into backorder status because they aren't in regular supply. Anyway, I was told they would call back - they didn't so I checked back at the end of the day. I was told the same thing and that the supervisor would again contact the warehouse to release my order. They still hadn't returned that call either. It pops in and out of stock on the website. Hopefully it will all get sorted today. Man that is a sweet deal and it's gonna hurt if it doesn't pan out, but worse things can happen. :confused:

Oh interesting. But don't you think backordered just means we have to wait a while? Is there any danger they would cancel the order?

Just checked, mine says backordered too.

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
Oh interesting. But don't you think backordered just means we have to wait a while? Is there any danger they would cancel the order?

Just checked, mine says backordered too.
I honestly don't know what the deal is. The two folks I spoke with both indicate that refurbished gear can't actually be on backorder since that implies that the Canon store has some on order...which they can't because, well, it relies on returns, factory issues, etc. so no steady supply. I'll let you know if I hear anything from them, but I suspect the orders will be cancelled at some point. Shame, would be a great deal if it pans out.

Upvote 0
I ordered up the R with the 24-105 and couldn't believe the price.

In the strange world, this will be my portrait camera IF I stay with Canon. I currently shoot Nikon. However, I need two card slots when it comes to critical shoots (sports) and that will fall to the R6.

Still seems weird to get the older camera for high-end work. (The R5 is a bit spendy for my megapixel needs. and I could go with two R6's, but I am cheap.

Upvote 0
Ordered the 24-105 and then noticed had a status of backordered. Chatted with a rep and they told me the same thing - refurb can't be backordered and my order would be cancelled automatically. IMMEDIATELY after that I got a cancellation email. So I suspect the agent cancelled it on the spot. Should have kept my mouth shut I suppose...

In other news - two separate interactoins with Canon agents today and both were kind of rough conversations.

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
That's the odd thing about the refurbished...and sort of what irritates me. The 24-105 now shows up as in stock. Since I ordered the RF 50, yesterday morning, it has shown up as in stock and out of stock multiple times. I'll leave my backorder active until they decide to cancel or ship...not holding my breath and won't rely on them in the future. Even if it costs more, I prefer to know that I'll actually receive something that I order.

Upvote 0
Ordered the 24-105 and then noticed had a status of backordered. Chatted with a rep and they told me the same thing - refurb can't be backordered and my order would be cancelled automatically. IMMEDIATELY after that I got a cancellation email. So I suspect the agent cancelled it on the spot. Should have kept my mouth shut I suppose...

In other news - two separate interactoins with Canon agents today and both were kind of rough conversations.

Same. There seems to be some service quality issues compared to past calls. By the way, it's back in stock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0