Deal: Save 20% off select refurbished gear at the Canon USA Store

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
So now the real dilemma...

I have the EF 2.8 trinity, 100L Macro and 100-400LII so I was content to continue with those on the R5, then pick up the 50 & 85/1.2 in fall/winter and then eventually replace the trinity. Now after almost getting this deal on the 50, I am struggling to resist the urge to buy one lens now even at full price. :oops:

Upvote 0

jdavidse

R5
CR Pro
Sep 13, 2012
So now the real dilemma...

I have the EF 2.8 trinity, 100L Macro and 100-400LII so I was content to continue with those on the R5, then pick up the 50 & 85/1.2 in fall/winter and then eventually replace the trinity. Now after almost getting this deal on the 50, I am struggling to resist the urge to buy one lens now even at full price. :oops:

I made the RF 70-200 my first trinity replacement because of the weight and size savings. It completely transformed how and where I carry the 70-200 with me, what bags it fits in, and even whether it gets left home or not. The EF 70-200 plus adapter was a monster. The performance improvements are nice too.

Upvote 0

HenryL

EOS R3
CR Pro
Apr 1, 2020
I made the RF 70-200 my first trinity replacement because of the weight and size savings. It completely transformed how and where I carry the 70-200 with me, what bags it fits in, and even whether it gets left home or not. The EF 70-200 plus adapter was a monster. The performance improvements are nice too.
Makes sense. As long as I still have my 7D2, the 70-200 is going to have a home in my bag though. Actually, since the RF version can't take a converter at all, I'm not really in a rush to switch that one at all. Glad your experience with it jives with all the reviews I've read.

Upvote 0

jdavidse

R5
CR Pro
Sep 13, 2012
Makes sense. As long as I still have my 7D2, the 70-200 is going to have a home in my bag though. Actually, since the RF version can't take a converter at all, I'm not really in a rush to switch that one at all. Glad your experience with it jives with all the reviews I've read.
It’s interesting looking back at when I bought it, which was the first day it was available. Nobody knew then that it wouldn’t take an extender. The decision was easy and ignorance was bliss!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
My refurb RP + 24-105 f/4 order is "backordered" according to the automated phone system.

Apparently, they're willing to sell some refurbs in advance/anticipation of actually having that specific item being refurbished. This could make some sense if it's a common item. In any case it does look more and more likely I'll have my R5 before I have this, and the R5 will be my first full-frame camera.

Upvote 0