Deals: Amazon Prime Day July 15, 2015, Bigger Than Black Friday

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Mark July 15, 2015 on your calendar. That is the day Amazon will have their first (of many?) Amazon Prime Day. They promise to have more and better deals that Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The only caveat is that you need to be an Amazon Prime member, which you can sign-up for right now on a trial basis and get access to the sales on July 15, 2015.</p>
<p>From Amazon:</p>
<blockquote><p>Prime Day is a one-day shopping event on July 15, 2015, with more deals than Black Friday. Prime members can shop exclusive deals from electronics, toys, video games, movies, clothing, patio, lawn and garden, sports and outdoor items and more. <a href="http://amzn.to/1fhPIYg" target="_blank">Try Prime</a> and get immediate access to deals on July 15.</p></blockquote>
<p><strong><a href="http://amzn.to/1fhPIYg" target="_blank">Check out Amazon Prime Day</a></strong></p>

Mar 25, 2011
I bought a fathers day special sold by Amazon. I'm still waiting. It now estimates shipping by August 12.

I'd recommend shopping early, either deals will be limited, or it can take a long time arriving.

I'm a prime member, and order about 3 times a week. I bought a new Kindle for my wife (Pre-Ordered). The guaranteed delivery day slipped from June 30 to July 1, but then, FedEx called me on July 1 and said the package was found empty, and I should contact Amazon. After hunting for a contact address, I used the chat. No one could handle it, I was transferred to three people, and then told that they would call me.

It only took 30 seconds and the phone rang. Same result, the person could not handle it and transferred me to a person who could. Then, they could not access the order due to system issues, so I had to wait for another callback. By this time, it was getting old. Finally they called back, and I told them to overnight it after all the hassle, and they agreed. It finally arrived, this time by UPS on July 3.

I also ordered some accessories for the Kindle, they had a June 1 guaranteed delivery which then slid to July 3. USPS fooled them and delivered on June 30!

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Famateur said:
I know the 15th is a kind of birthday for Amazon, but couldn't they have moved "Prime Day" to the 13th, or the 17th? :p

Money is tight right now, but I do enjoy being a prime member and often shop via Amazon. I'll peruse the deals, but probably can't justify purchasing much right now...

Or the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 11th, 19th, 23th, 29th, 31h

Did I miss a day? Sort of like pi day - March 14th

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I bought a fathers day special sold by Amazon. I'm still waiting. It now estimates shipping by August 12.

I'd recommend shopping early, either deals will be limited, or it can take a long time arriving.

I'm a prime member, and order about 3 times a week. I bought a new Kindle for my wife (Pre-Ordered). The guaranteed delivery day slipped from June 30 to July 1, but then, FedEx called me on July 1 and said the package was found empty, and I should contact Amazon. After hunting for a contact address, I used the chat. No one could handle it, I was transferred to three people, and then told that they would call me.

It only took 30 seconds and the phone rang. Same result, the person could not handle it and transferred me to a person who could. Then, they could not access the order due to system issues, so I had to wait for another callback. By this time, it was getting old. Finally they called back, and I told them to overnight it after all the hassle, and they agreed. It finally arrived, this time by UPS on July 3.

I also ordered some accessories for the Kindle, they had a June 1 guaranteed delivery which then slid to July 3. USPS fooled them and delivered on June 30!

I have accepted very slow shipping on items I don't need in order to get $1 credit. Interesting, it seems that they hold the items back and don't ship until just before they are due. Then they ship 2 day. This does not save Amazon any money just a game they play.

Upvote 0