Delete on both cards not possible? R5

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
Has anyone found how to delete an image on both SD and CFExpress with one delete?

It only seems to delete from the card that is set to preview the images, which is a massive PIA.

obviously, writing RAW to CFexpress and Jpeg to SD

Thanks,

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
It can be a very useful feature.
I have my second card set for display, so if you're hassled by someone over a photo you've taken, you can delete the photo in front of them - but still have the photo on your other card.
there is also risk of accidental deletion of an image from both cards with "one delete".. i have deleted images accidentally on number of occasions previously and thought that this feature might be risky potentially.

Kiton

Jun 13, 2015
I thought all Canon dual card slot cameras worked like that, certainly all the 1 series only delete from the playback card not the second card.
My 5d 4 certainly is the same, deletes on the playback card only, but I thought my 1d x2 bodies delete everywhere. Now I am doubting myself and will test today.

Kiton

Jun 13, 2015
there is also risk of accidental deletion of an image from both cards with "one delete".. i have deleted images accidentally on number of occasions previously and thought that this feature might be risky potentially.
I do not chimp very much, but when I if a bunch that are really out of focus or the flash did not fire ect, I delete those to save download and browsing time. I learned long ago not to over edit with the delete button and the camera playback screen. :oops: