DIY, How to take the flowers Picture, in the Bright sun light

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Dear Friends
Yes, If I shoot the beautiful flower in the bright sun light, but want the Super dark or Black Back ground= What should I do ?.
Yes Very easy---Use Flashes and bright support lights for both sides of the flower( Spot Lights at the flower only), Shoot with High speed shutter, And Carry the Black umbrella to shade the larges back ground= Yes, The Back ground that in the shade of umbrella and do not get the light from flashes , will be black back ground from the Effected of high speed shutter.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Attachments

• A-1.jpg
    A-1.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,921
  • A-2.JPG
    A-2.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 1,916
  • A58.jpg
    A58.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,914
  • IMG_0614.JPG
    IMG_0614.JPG
    898.6 KB · Views: 1,937

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
lion rock said:
Dear Surapon,
Thanks for the instructions!
I'm learning from you of your great idea.
For me, I usually put a black foam core 18 inches behind the target. Sometimes a bit restricting. So now, another arsenal for dark background.
Many thanks.
-r

You are welcome, Sir, Dear Friend Mr. lion rock.
Yes, I use to put the Black foam core behind the flowers too, BUT 2 years ago, At the Public park, When I start to touch the Flowers ( Behind the main subject with the Black Foam core Board, The Park's staff came to Warn me for this Black Foam core board might damage the flowers and the plants. From that time, I never use any thing to touch the flowers that not belong to me---That Why, the Umbrella is replace the black foam core board.
Have a great weekend, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Click said:
Thank you for sharing this useful information.

It's always a pleasure to read your post Mr Surapon.

Have a great weekend Sir.

You are welcome, Sir, Dear Mr. Click, And glad that you like my crazy Idea-----You will not believe me, so many time of this Photo shooting with Big Black umbrella in the Park, So many People walk to meet me and talk= What and why I do Like that---After the Shot, I show them on LCD, And They love the flowers with the dark black ground---Yes, One day in the park , last spring season, One Beautiful Lady with a point and shoot Camera came to talk to me, and She volunteer to hold the Umbrella for me,And She told me that , she want to learn my point of views and hoe to set the Camera, Because of her time to move from P&S to Big DSLR camera----Yes, after she stay with me for 1 hours, Now She and Me are good Buddy and we go to shoot the photos on a short trip many time after that day.
Yes, Sir, I love to share Small Tricks with all of my Friends in CR. Like the words that I read 10-15 years ago :
" One GREAT LADY/ BILLIONARE in USA. She told Us that " MONEY are like Manure , need to donate or spread around for make the trees grow faster and stronger/ make the unlucky people have a better life. IT is USELESS and STINK to keep to much money/ Manure for our self alone.------------that is the same IDEA of the Knowledges."

Surapon

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
surapon said:
lion rock said:
Dear Surapon,
For me, I usually put a black foam core 18 inches behind the target. Sometimes a bit restricting. So now, another arsenal for dark background.
Many thanks.
-r

Yes, I use to put the Black foam core behind the flowers too, BUT 2 years ago, At the Public park, When I start to touch the Flowers ( Behind the main subject with the Black Foam core Board, The Park's staff came to Warn me for this Black Foam core board might damage the flowers and the plants. From that time, I never use any thing to touch the flowers that not belong to me---That Why, the Umbrella is replace the black foam core board.
Surapon

Looks pretty cool :) The flash, is that DIY too?

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Quasimodo said:
surapon said:
lion rock said:
Dear Surapon,
Many thanks.
-r

Surapon

Looks pretty cool :) The flash, is that DIY too?

Thanks, Dear Friend Quasimodo.
Yes That Multi- Flashes + LED Light Panels DIY system too. Yes, I use to post this DIY 2-3 months ago on CR. Post.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
neuroanatomist said:
I ran across this effect a few years ago. This sunflower bud was lit by direct sun and there was a clear blue sky behind it, shot at 1/160 s and f/9 basically killed the ambient background, similar to the effect you get with a strobe and narrow aperture/fast shutter.

Yes Sir, Thank you Sir, Dear Teacher, Mr. neuroanatomist.
Yes, Sir, Same Idea----I copy/ And Learn this IDEA from my Old Teacher from the Photography class that I took--Use the High speed Shutter with Side light flash and let the back ground not get the flash light( Create Darker Back Ground)--Yes Similar to your Technique.
Thanks you sir, to answer all the posts that need Help, And I have learn from your great Answers and get so many new Ideas, New Knowledge from your answers.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
wsmith96 said:
Awesome tutorial Mr. Surapon! Thanks for all of your tips and tricks you have provided. I'll have to try this out!

Best regards.

You are welcome, Sir, Dear wsmith96.
Yes, Please Try this Method of use High speed shutter with Flashes, and not the flash light hit the back ground. Yes, If you have only one flash, You can made the Snoot to get the narrow beam to the flower only.
Have FUN and get great creative Macro Picture that you love.
Surapon.

Attachments

• S1.jpg
    S1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 842
  • S7.jpg
    S7.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 876
  • S9.jpg
    S9.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 836
  • S12.jpg
    S12.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 842
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
BL said:
Surapon!

I love your behind-the-scenes approach to this stuff haha

Anyone else come here just for the awesome hand drawn illustrations? :D

Good Friday afternoon, Sir, Dear BL.
Thausand Thanks for your great words, You make my day.
Have a great Weekend ahead.
Surapon

Upvote 0