DPP4 for R7

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
The R7 arrived this afternoon. Clunky DPP's latest version does work with it. But, the latest EOS Utility 3 doesn't recognise the camera and won't download and so I needed a card reader.
Good luck with your new R7 Alan. I hope it works for you. After watching many YT reviews from those who have rec'd their R7's and since I haven't received mine, pre-ordered from B&H first day available, I just cancelled my order for that and the following reasons. I have two special photo projects next week, I had hoped to try the R7 out on but now, after talking with B&H, they don't know when my order would be filled. Additionally, almost all of the available on line raw files I downloaded, including those from Duade Paton's YT site and others, just look too noisy and less sharp than I had hoped for. I guess I was hoping for something more 7Dii capable but in a mirrorless body. Now, think I'll just wait for that hi res body. Look fwd to hearing about your experience with the R7.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Good luck with your new R7 Alan. I hope it works for you. After watching many YT reviews from those who have rec'd their R7's and since I haven't received mine, pre-ordered from B&H first day available, I just cancelled my order for that and the following reasons. I have two special photo projects next week, I had hoped to try the R7 out on but now, after talking with B&H, they don't know when my order would be filled. Additionally, almost all of the available on line raw files I downloaded, including those from Duade Paton's YT site and others, just look too noisy and less sharp than I had hoped for. I guess I was hoping for something more 7Dii capable but in a mirrorless body. Now, think I'll just wait for that hi res body. Look fwd to hearing about your experience with the R7.
I’ll report back in a day or two first impressions.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0