DxO Labs in receivership?

Mar 25, 2011
They are in serious trouble, but I don't understand French Bankruptcy Laws and exactly what they mean. It might be a reorginization like US Chapter Eleven, or the Company will be sold or auctioned off.

It seems unlikely that they will go away, someone will buy the photo editing portion.

Legal notices Dxo Labs

Adresse :
3 RUE Nationale
92100 Boulogne Billancourt
Annonce légale publiée dans le Bodacc n°20170082 du 27/04/2017
20 décembre 2017
Modification de représentant
Enterprise (s) issuer (s) of the advertisement
Name : DXO LABS
Code Siren : 444 777 577
Legal form : Limited Company
Company officers : Alternate Auditor: BEAS represented by Pierre Victor; Statutory Auditor: DELOITTE & ASSOCIES in office on March 23, 2006; President: MENIERE Jerome on 15 December 2017
Legal notice published in the Bodacc n ° 20170244 of 20/12/2017
March 16, 2018
Judgment
Activity : design and marketing of image processing software, design, marketing of electronic components.
Comment : Judgment declaring the opening of a bankruptcy proceeding, date of cessation of payments on January 15, 2018 appointing administrator Selarl Fhb Mission Conducted By Me Hélène Bourbouloux 16 PLACE IRIS TOUR CB21 92040 Paris Defense Cedex with powers : assist, legal representative Selarl C. Low Mission Conducted By Me Christophe Bass 171 AVENUE CHARLES DE GAULLE 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine. The claims are to be declared, within two months of this publication, to the Judicial Agent or on the electronic portal at www . Creditors-services. com.
Date of effect : 07/03/2018
Company (s) issuing the listing
Denomination : DXO LABS
Siren Code : 444777577
Legal form : Limited Joint Stock Company
Address :
3 rue Nationale
92100 Boulogne-BillancourtLegalnotice
published in the Bodacc n ° 20180053 of 16/03/2018

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
DxO split into two in Sept last year, DxO Labs, that covers the testing/evaluation and consulting business and DxO Mark is the second company that resulted from the split. DxO Mark owns the rights to the physical products, software and the camera and testing apparatus. It is a privately owned and separate entity.

Reading between the lines they have jettisoned the costly side of the business that didn't generate income and led to an unending series of contentious measurements and results and let that take the burden of debt with it. The parts of the original company that generate income are safely separated and there will be no change whatsoever to the software or hardware DxO Mark sell, which is everything DxO ever sold.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
privatebydesign said:
DxO split into two in Sept last year, DxO Labs, that covers the testing/evaluation and consulting business and DxO Mark is the second company that resulted from the split. DxO Mark owns the rights to the physical products, software and the camera and testing apparatus. It is a privately owned and separate entity.

Reading between the lines they have jettisoned the costly side of the business that didn't generate income and led to an unending series of contentious measurements and results and let that take the burden of debt with it. The parts of the original company that generate income are safely separated and there will be no change whatsoever to the software or hardware DxO Mark sell, which is everything DxO ever sold.

I think you have that backwards. DxOMark Image Labs is the testing/measurement side of the split. DxO Labs produces PhotoLab, FilmPack, bought the Nik suite from Google, etc.

[quote author=DxO]We’ve had an important internal change as well: In September, DxOMark Image Labs was spun off from DxO Labs. DxOMark Image Labs is now a privately-owned, independent company. As such, we continue to pursue the development and commercialization of image quality solutions and services that support our customers in designing the best-quality camera systems for a range of markets, including smartphones, DSC/DSLRs, drones, action cams, surveillance, and automotive.
[/quote]

So it appears that the potential that the software side will be impacted.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
privatebydesign said:

I think you have that backwards. DxOMark Image Labs is the testing/measurement side of the split. DxO Labs produces PhotoLab, FilmPack, bought the Nik suite from Google, etc.

[quote author=DxO]We’ve had an important internal change as well: In September, DxOMark Image Labs was spun off from DxO Labs. DxOMark Image Labs is now a privately-owned, independent company. As such, we continue to pursue the development and commercialization of image quality solutions and services that support our customers in designing the best-quality camera systems for a range of markets, including smartphones, DSC/DSLRs, drones, action cams, surveillance, and automotive.

So it appears that the potential that the software side will be impacted.
[/quote]

Hmm,

I was referencing this article. https://www.thephoblographer.com/2018/01/11/dxomark-and-dxo-labs-split/. "As far as what the change means, well, basically the DxO testing/evaluation and consulting business is now separate (as DxO Labs) and the products of the company, like their image processing software and the DxO One camera are under the umbrella of a separate and unaffiliated entity."

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
That source has it wrong.

Go to http://www.dxo.com, where you'll find PhotoLab, DxO One, etc., and scroll to the bottom where it states, "Copyright © 2003 - 2018 DxO Labs.".

Go to http://www.dxomark.com, where you'll find their camera and lens testing data, reviews of cell phone cameras, etc., and scroll to the bottom where it states, "Copyright © 2008-2018 DxOMark Image Labs."

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
There is virtually no news about this, it is apparently due to unpaid bills, but DXO seems to be saying it will be resolved.

I think that they may be selling off part of the company, or finding a financial backer.

"The entire message:

"Hello sir,

In fact, the company has recently been placed under a regime of judicial administration, the time to reorganize.
Although we can not comment on this situation, we can nevertheless assure you that the company is absolutely not in liquidation and that we are confident that our customers will not be affected by this procedure.

Best regards, ""

Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Chaitanya said:
Not a good sign that Lightroom might be missing another competitor(Apple killed of its Aperture) which might mean Adobe will slack off even more and be more appaling.

In my opinion, Adobe is like Canon in that it simply moves at its own pace, mindful of the competition, but just doing its own thing both in pricing and featureset.

Personally, I have been happy with Adobe's recent direction and their Lightroom product. The $10/month PS/LR is a deal and a half for me as I have a few PCs that I want to use both on.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
DxO PhotoLab is a unique product and quite different from LR or PS. Its PRIME noise reduction beats every other noise reduction software. I use it as my RAW converter and then use PS for advanced processing. It squeezes more detail out of my images than DPP and Adobe can, and in addition enabling me to use my 5DSR at iso6400 and pushing a few more ev.

Upvote 0