DXO PL5 won't open moon picture

DanP

CR Pro
Dec 8, 2014
When I try to open a moon picture in DXO PL5 (.CR3 from R5) the picture flashes up for a second, then disappears and the following error message takes it's place "Internal error (Error in prepare)". I am on version 5.1.3.4720. I just updated to this version, but have no idea if the update is causing the problem as this is the first time I've tried opening a moon picture in the program. I tried rebooting, but still got the error. I'm attaching a OOC JPEG for context. I tried opening a number of similar pictures and got the same message. I don't get the error when opening daytime pictures. Anyone having the same problem or know why this error is occurring?5F9A5108 Reduced for CR.jpg

DanP

CR Pro
Dec 8, 2014
Will it open in other raw software? CPP? That might provide a clue as to corrupted files or a software issue.
It opens fine in Photoshop.

Edit: I just tried DXO PL4 and it opens fine in that, but I still get the error in PL5. It's not a big concern at this point as I was just trying to see if I could get a better result in PL5 than PS. I can live without it opening in PL5. Perhaps the problem will go away with the next PL5 update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
It opens fine in Photoshop.

Edit: I just tried DXO PL4 and it opens fine in that, but I still get the error in PL5. It's not a big concern at this point as I was just trying to see if I could get a better result in PL5 than PS. I can live without it opening in PL5. Perhaps the problem will go away with the next PL5 update.
I suggest getting in touch with DxO - that might improve the chance they will address the issue. I haven't, by the way, in the past found them all that responsive to software problems.

Upvote 0