Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Rocky said:
ecka said:
Rocky said:
ecka said:
Rocky said:
joshlsmithphoto said:
I agree with @ecka... IS (nowadays) is more of a feature for amateur video more so than still photos. I wouldn't take serious landscape or architectural photos hand holding my camera at 1/15s, although just having that ability helps.
There a lot of churches, buildings will not allow either tripod or monopod. therefore you have to hand hold the camera. You will want IS in that situation.

You don't really need a tripod for mirrorless cameras with small lenses. Half-decent gorillapod should be OK.
I would like to see you use a gorillapod inside Ventican or Versaille

:) me too.
However, that's not my point. There is a bigger chance to use gorillapod in such places, than tripod. Don't you agree?
With IS you may not need either one of them The whole idea of mirrorless is to travel light ( both in weight and bulk). With a"decent gorrillapod" ( read it as larger) that defeat the purpose. With IS on an EOS-M, you can hand hold the camera inside the building within reason. If there is enough light, you can even use a smaller aperture to give you more depth of field. Therefore this lens is good for still photography.
In a crowded room full of tourists milling about, good luck setting up your gorillapod on the floor and taking pictures through the crowd. Many times you have to hold the camera up high to snap that picture.... a stance that really needs IS....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.