EF-R control ring query

Jan 21, 2022
Can someone confirm if the control ring on the EF-R adapter is assigned exp comp ( or whatever) does it stay assigned regardless what lens you swap over?
I have a vast selection of EF glass. So would be swapping for different scenes/scenarios. I’m hoping once I’ve assigned the control ring my preferred function I can simply leave it mounted permanently on camera.

Apr 25, 2011
1. The control ring function setting is stored in the camera body and is applied to every RF lens and to every EF+control ring adapter combination you mount on this body.

2. Keeping the lens adapter on the body permanently is possible, although the lens fixing lock on the adapter is less convenient to use than the lens(/adapter) fixing lock button on the camera body.

Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2022
1. The control ring function setting is stored in the camera body and is applied to every RF lens and to every EF+control ring adapter combination you mount on this body.

2. Keeping the lens adapter on the body permanently is possible, although the lens fixing lock on the adapter is less convenient to use than the lens(/adapter) fixing lock button on the camera body.
Thanks Kit
I say permanently, but I picked up both 50/1.8 & 16mm. Doubt I’ll buy more. Still cave my M stuff along with DSLR’s Aps-C & H plus’s of course Full Frane too. My EF can be adapted to all, whereas RF cannot. There lies my reasoning….for the time being.

Upvote 0