Ended: Macphun Luminar 2018 Discounts & Bonuses

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>Luminar 2018 offers everything a modern photographer needs for photo editing, including new filters powered by artificial intelligence, major speed improvements, a dedicated RAW develop module and a forthcoming in 2018; digital asset management platform.</p>
<p>Users will also benefit from the <strong>new intelligent Sun Rays filter</strong>, <strong>LUT support</strong>, and <strong>real-time noise removal</strong>. With workspaces that match different styles of editing, Luminar adapts to deliver a complete experience that avoids clutter and complexity.</p>
<p>Luminar 2018 has been re-built from the ground up for dramatic performance boosts. Existing filters deliver richer colors and depth in less time. A brand new streamlined user interface speeds up working with presets, filters, and masks. With full support of pro options like layers, masks, and blending modes, complex repairs and photo composites can be easily accomplished.</p>
<p><strong>Offer Availability:</strong></p>

<p>The Luminar 2018 Black Friday offer will be available from <strong><span class="aBn" tabindex="0" data-term="goog_237755133"><span class="aQJ">November 21-29</span></span></strong></p>
<p><strong>Pricing:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>Current users of Luminar may upgrade at a Black Friday price of <strong>$49 </strong>(Use Coupon Code: <em><strong>CANONRUMORS</strong></em> to save another $10)</li>
<li>New users can purchase Luminar 2018 for <strong>$69 </strong>(Use Coupon Code: <em><strong>CANONRUMORS</strong></em> to save another $10)</li>
<li>A collection of bonuses will also be included with every purchase.</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Bonuses:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>A Pack of Urban presets from Contrastly</li>
<li>Creative Look LUTs Collection for use in Luminar 2018</li>
<li>The Ultra-Wide Landscape Ebook by Ian Plant</li>
<li>Lights&Shadows Photo Training Video by Matt Granger</li>
</ul>
<p>Those who pre-ordered Luminar 2018, will get these bonuses for free.</p>
<p><strong><a href="http://macphun.evyy.net/c/260424/320119/3255">Learn more about Luminar 2018</a></strong></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

JonAustin

Telecom / IT consultant and semi-pro photographer
Dec 10, 2012
Horseshoe Bay, TX
Re: Black Friday: Macphun Luminar 2018 Discounts & Bonuses

TeT said:
How does this product compare to DxO PS & DPP

That's a good question. I participated in the Luminar for Windows beta program, but neither of the beta releases were able to open -- let alone process -- RAW files (from my 5D Mark III or 5D, at any rate). Instead, an error dialog box pops up, stating only "External component has thrown an exception."

I attempted numerous times to report this issue to Macphun through the feedback link built into the beta software, but it always failed -- after entering my system information and a description of the error, clicking on the "SEND FEEDBACK TO THE MACPHUN TEAM" did nothing. I'm pretty persistent, but I finally gave up.

I hope that the release version is actually able to open and process RAW files, but I haven't bothered to see if they offer a fully-functional, limited time trial. Maybe I'll give it another go after the update next year which includes the digital asset management platform.

Upvote 0
Re: Black Friday: Macphun Luminar 2018 Discounts & Bonuses

TeT said:
How does this product compare to DxO PS & DPP

Not ready for prime time in windows. The following is the list of updates that the windows version needs. Its also slow as molasses on my i5 laptop, not so bad on Ryzen 1700 desktop but slower than Lightroom at opening a raw file to develop.

I think it will be fine once they actually get all the updates listed below. If they get the Digital asset managent right I think it will really be a Lightroom replacement.

Luminar Window Update Schedule

November 24, 2017 free update will bring:
- Clone & Stamp tool
- Workspaces
- Luminosity mask
- Image resize on export
- Performance improvements
Mid-December 2017 free update will bring:
- Sharpen on export
- Merge layers & stamped layers
- Adobe RGB wide color profile support
- ProPhoto wide color profile support