Eos M my first impressions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After almost a week I am pleasantly surprised by this little camera! I bought it as a backup to my 5D2, but also as a camera I can carry with me all the time , just in case.... and so far so very good, and with an Optical Viewfinder attached it may just become my new favorite all rounder... ;)

More images and my first impressions here at...http://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• IvanM-4.jpg
    IvanM-4.jpg
    722.9 KB · Views: 2,498
  • untitled-6590.jpg
    untitled-6590.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 3,856

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
Pics look great as always! Nice review. Still not sold on it the Sony Nex are better cameras but canon lenses... hard decision. But hopefully the M range will grow.

I bought a Nex 5N twin lens because I got it cheap and its a great to hand camera, amazing noise much better than my old 7D. Lenses leave a lot to be desired tho.

Upvote 0
Bob, jip, its the Leica, which is way tooo expensive, but as I already have it and I knew it works well, I use it on the M. Cheaper ones are available. But on the M as far as I know, you cant have fill in flash and viewfinder...better then to have a look at something like a X100s..which I really like on paper, but also twice the price...

Tom, yes if you have to buy a standalone camera, depending on your type of photography, I think there are very good alternatives available. For me it was a massive reduction in price AND the fact that I could use it as a backup in that all my Canon stuff can be used with it. The thing is, my 5D2 has never once let me down since 2009, and therefore it didn't make sense to buy something like a 7d or 6d as a backup. I just need something that can help out in an emergency and not take up too much space in the bag, and it was Cheap! Bonus is that with the Optical viewfinder it all of a sudden becomes more user friendly and I carry it with me everywhere. I will have a follow up post with my experiences(or not) in the street with the M...(almost sound Leicalike :))

Upvote 0

Sella174

So there!
Mar 19, 2013
Suid-Afrika
Hallo Ivan! I was "playing" around with an EOS-M today and felt that it would be a great oukie for a carry-everywhere camera, with the benefit of being able to use my current EF lenses ... but also came to the conclusion that a viewfinder was necessary. So, my question, not that important, but still, can the screen be turned off?

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
Ivan Muller said:
For me it was a massive reduction in price AND the fact that I could use it as a backup in that all my Canon stuff can be used with it. The thing is, my 5D2 has never once let me down since 2009, and therefore it didn't make sense to buy something like a 7d or 6d as a backup. I just need something that can help out in an emergency and not take up too much space in the bag, and it was Cheap! Bonus is that with the Optical viewfinder it all of a sudden becomes more user friendly and I carry it with me everywhere.
+1 ... 2 days ago I ordered the EOS-M from DigitalRev, got a really good deal for it with the 22mm lens + EF adapter ... expected to receive it by Sunday morning ... my primary purpose for its use would be for family outings to restaurants and backup for my 5D MK III

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.