EOS-M With Viewfinder Coming Late 2013? [CR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hambergler said:
Have you looked into the Fuji XE-1? The only reason I haven't bought one yet is I am debating a wide angle lens vs the Fuji.

Fuji is out of my budget and there is no EF adapter that does AF available for it.

The main thing that the EOS-M has going for it is compatibility with EF lens.

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
c.d.embrey said:
Dylan777 said:
What are they waiting for? I DO NOT wish to mount my EF 24-70 or 70-200 on that tiny thing - what's is the point buying mirrorless ???

The point of small/light weight mirrorless cameras is that they are small and leight weight. Always use the right tool for the job. The EOS-M is not the right tool for big/bulky/heavy zoomz, but it could be the right tool for small/non-bulky/light weight primes.

That's why I said "I do not wish to mount my 24-70 + 70-200 on that tiny thing". If you travel often ask I do, you will see how FF mirrorless becomes handy.

Upvote 0
Feb 8, 2013
All I want is a body with full professional style controls and a 300mm f4 made for the ILC format (giving the same FOV as FF but on a smaller sensor, which gives better low light performance).

I think it would be cool if they would make a body no larger in diameter than the lens mount, then a telephoto lens becomes a lot easier to pack around, and it would be ultra compact with a pancake.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
c.d.embrey said:
Dylan777 said:
What are they waiting for? I DO NOT wish to mount my EF 24-70 or 70-200 on that tiny thing - what's is the point buying mirrorless ???

The point of small/light weight mirrorless cameras is that they are small and leight weight. Always use the right tool for the job. The EOS-M is not the right tool for big/bulky/heavy zoomz, but it could be the right tool for small/non-bulky/light weight primes.

+1

Look at the micro 4/3 market... small bodies, small lenses, lower weight and price tags. After almost 4 years of micro 4/3 there are still no long lenses for the mount, and the reason is probably because there is little demand. If you are going to go to the expense of big glass and carrying the weight of big glass, then you are probably the type of person who appreciates enthusiast or pro bodies... after all, how often do you see a 600 f4 on a $300 rebel?

There are lots of micro 4/3 sales.... I suspect that this is the market the EOS-M is targeting.

Upvote 0
nickorando said:
I actually think the current one works well with some bigger lenses - the 70-300L, for example.

Me, I hate EVFs, and definitely don't want one. As has been said, decent AF is what they should work on!

Me too. I had a NEX 7 and did not like the EVF, even though I thought it was implemented well. I've adjusted to shooting with the screen on the M and do not need or want a viewfinder for this. I have a dslr for uses where it is helpful...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.