EOS M5 User Guide

Mar 25, 2011
Beware, the link is not to a Canon site. Its for an Accounting Firm. Downloading from a third party site can be dangerous. Malware does not make itself known any longer, it operates silently, and in some cases, for months or years without your knowing. Antivirus software is pretty ineffective at catching the bad stuff.

Since the manual has not been posted by Canon USA yet, that increases the risk.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

Mt Spokane Photography said:
Beware, the link is not to a Canon site. Its for an Accounting Firm. Downloading from a third party site can be dangerous. Malware does not make itself known any longer, it operates silently, and in some cases, for months or years without your knowing. Antivirus software is pretty ineffective at catching the bad stuff.

Since the manual has not been posted by Canon USA yet, that increases the risk.

the official Link which was posted in the other thread is exactly the same:
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300025294/02/eosm5-cu-en2.pdf

Even if I look for manuals for other cameras on the german site of canon they are all hosted on http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/...

So I can't see the risk.

Edit: Does anyone maybe knows the link to the german manual of the M5? I guess it already exists, but is not officially published by canon.de.

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
Photorex said:
the official Link which was posted in the other thread is exactly the same:
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300025294/02/eosm5-cu-en2.pdf

The domain c-wss.com is registered by Canon Inc (a WHOIS search says so), thereby is safe, but I understand Mt Spokane caution (files like PDFs can be a good vector for malware). Why Canon uses such a domain name I don't know, maybe it's an acronym in some language.

Upvote 0

troy19

Life w/o photography ? Possible, but pointless !
Dec 19, 2011
Photorex said:
I'm located in Germany and pre ordered from the german online shop foto-mundus.de.
Sounds nice, didn't expected the M5 already delivered ... I ordered from German Canon shop No.1 ;) and they told me shipping is End of November. So I'm curious: is your M5 an item for the German market or imported?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

Today I got an answer from the shop to a question I had related to the EF-EOS M Adaptor which came with the camera. They told me that they only got a first small delivery amount: I was among the lucky ones who got one of these.

The instruction manual is among other languages in german and I can select german from the given user interface languages.
Don't know if I can read something from the serialno of the camera regarding the destination market.

regards
Frank

Upvote 0
Photorex said:
Today I got an answer from the shop to a question I had related to the EF-EOS M Adaptor which came with the camera. They told me that they only got a first small delivery amount: I was among the lucky ones who got one of these.

The instruction manual is among other languages in german and I can select german from the given user interface languages.
Don't know if I can read something from the serialno of the camera regarding the destination market.

regards
Frank

Congrats on the early delivery. What are your first impressions of the camera? I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

Upvote 0
Photorex said:

regards
Frank

That's awesome. Congratulations! Enjoy!

I didn't see it in the manual but did you notice AFMA in the menu's?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

my very first impressions have been that all the dials are too narrow to each other on a very small body and I tend to do a lot of inadvertently changes to the settings. But this was quite better on the second day when I got used to the layout of the dials. E.G. I inadvertantly switched of the camera when changing modes between AV, TV, P, C1 etc. or I often started recording video by touching the record button. But as I do not need video functionality at all, I decided to give this button another function (selftimer).

Currently I don't have a RAW Converter for the RAW files of the M5. Wanted to test Affinity Photos and Corel After Shot Pro3 before switching to Lightroom CC. Test of these two programms showed me that I will stick with Lightroom.

AFMA is not included in the menu.

Here is a comparison shot regarding size between my M (attached 11-22mm) and my M5 with the 22mm lens attached:
attachment.php

Regards
Frank

Upvote 0
Photorex said:
my very first impressions have been that all the dials are too narrow to each other on a very small body and I tend to do a lot of inadvertently changes to the settings. But this was quite better on the second day when I got used to the layout of the dials. E.G. I inadvertantly switched of the camera when changing modes between AV, TV, P, C1 etc. or I often started recording video by touching the record button. But as I do not need video functionality at all, I decided to give this button another function (selftimer).

Currently I don't have a RAW Converter for the RAW files of the M5. Wanted to test Affinity Photos and Corel After Shot Pro3 before switching to Lightroom CC. Test of these two programms showed me that I will stick with Lightroom.

AFMA is not included in the menu.

Here is a comparison shot regarding size between my M (attached 11-22mm) and my M5 with the 22mm lens attached:
attachment.php

Regards
Frank
Hi,
Mirrorless camera do not required AFMA... this is the advantage of Mirrorless camera.

How's the IQ? I'm thinking of getting this camera also.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

I don't want to stress the topic IQ too much as I already was very satisfied with the IQ of the original M.

I'm printing fotobooks and calendars in sizes up to 16-20 inches on the long side even with ISO values equal or greater than 800 with files from the EOS M. So, I'm not willing to start any pixel peeping. It's a nice welcome for everyone that the M5 uses the 80D sensor with its advantages but I won't do any testshots to verify how much more I can lift the shadows in post without banding effects. I'm just using the camera for my pleasure with photography.

For me it is important, that the quality for my demands is more than sufficient. So the sensor alone was not the main reason for me to get the M5, also the capability to control the camera remotely or having an EVF.

regards
Frank

Upvote 0