EOS M5 User Guide

Photorex said:
my very first impressions have been that all the dials are too narrow to each other on a very small body and I tend to do a lot of inadvertently changes to the settings. But this was quite better on the second day when I got used to the layout of the dials. E.G. I inadvertantly switched of the camera when changing modes between AV, TV, P, C1 etc. or I often started recording video by touching the record button. But as I do not need video functionality at all, I decided to give this button another function (selftimer).

Currently I don't have a RAW Converter for the RAW files of the M5. Wanted to test Affinity Photos and Corel After Shot Pro3 before switching to Lightroom CC. Test of these two programms showed me that I will stick with Lightroom.

AFMA is not included in the menu.

Here is a comparison shot regarding size between my M (attached 11-22mm) and my M5 with the 22mm lens attached:
attachment.php

Regards
Frank

You're right. Give it time. You'll get used to it. I still inadvertently hit the menu button on my M3 several times per shoot. I can live with that. Thanks for the feedback!

Upvote 0
weixing said:
Photorex said:
my very first impressions have been that all the dials are too narrow to each other on a very small body and I tend to do a lot of inadvertently changes to the settings. But this was quite better on the second day when I got used to the layout of the dials. E.G. I inadvertantly switched of the camera when changing modes between AV, TV, P, C1 etc. or I often started recording video by touching the record button. But as I do not need video functionality at all, I decided to give this button another function (selftimer).

Currently I don't have a RAW Converter for the RAW files of the M5. Wanted to test Affinity Photos and Corel After Shot Pro3 before switching to Lightroom CC. Test of these two programms showed me that I will stick with Lightroom.

AFMA is not included in the menu.

Here is a comparison shot regarding size between my M (attached 11-22mm) and my M5 with the 22mm lens attached:
attachment.php

Regards
Frank
Hi,
Mirrorless camera do not required AFMA... this is the advantage of Mirrorless camera.

How's the IQ? I'm thinking of getting this camera also.

Have a nice day.

That's awesome. I had no idea. You inspired me to ask Google why and it makes sense. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Photorex said:
I don't want to stress the topic IQ too much as I already was very satisfied with the IQ of the original M.

I'm printing fotobooks and calendars in sizes up to 16-20 inches on the long side even with ISO values equal or greater than 800 with files from the EOS M. So, I'm not willing to start any pixel peeping. It's a nice welcome for everyone that the M5 uses the 80D sensor with its advantages but I won't do any testshots to verify how much more I can lift the shadows in post without banding effects. I'm just using the camera for my pleasure with photography.

For me it is important, that the quality for my demands is more than sufficient. So the sensor alone was not the main reason for me to get the M5, also the capability to control the camera remotely or having an EVF.

regards
Frank

I've always been happy with the IQ from my M1 as well, but I stopped using it for anything moving a long time ago. Looking forward to a small/light camera with good IQ AND decent to good auto focus for moving subjects.

Upvote 0