EOS R Compatibility question

Maru

EOS M50
Feb 9, 2019
Hello Seniors

Kindly guide on below questions..

1> does ef 1.4x or 2x extenders works on top of EOS-R with its EF converter?

2> if above is Yes, then can I use this or any other extender with Sigma 70-200mm on EOS-R

Thanks for all guidance. Am trying to figure out if I can get EOsR based pn above feedback

Thanks
Maru

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
The Extenders attach to the lens, and then the EF to RF adapter connects the extender to the camera. They work fine with my Canon lenses. Just connect it to your lens like usual and put the adapter on to make it fit the camera.

Reactions: Maru

Mt Spokane Photography

Mar 25, 2011
Sigma lists its lenses that are compatible, or need a firmware update. They will work even better then on a DSLR, the EOS R focuses at f/11, so you could use a f/5.6 lens with a 2X TC. Problems with inaccurate autofocus basically go away.

Mt Spokane Photography

Mar 25, 2011
I had my R out last night with my 100-400L. I was hoping to see the comet. Unfortunately, it was overcast. I can autofocus on a star at 400mm, but its best to turn AF off for that situation. If its clear tonight, I'll try again.

Mt Spokane Photography

Mar 25, 2011
I had my R out last night with my 100-400L. I was hoping to see the comet. Unfortunately, it was overcast. I can autofocus on a star at 400mm, but its best to turn AF off for that situation. If its clear tonight, I'll try again.
It was overcast just in the North - Western part of the sky last evening, just where the comet should have been. I'll be watching again tonight. The forecast is for clear weather in the evening.

Maru

EOS M50
Feb 9, 2019
It was overcast just in the North - Western part of the sky last evening, just where the comet should have been. I'll be watching again tonight. The forecast is for clear weather in the evening.
Overall how you feel abt 100-400..is it good? This is tough for portrait rt..not being constant apareture