EOS Webcam Utility is not detected from any Webcam software on my 2019 MacBook Pro 15" with the latest Version of Mojave

JoFT

I do love photography
Nov 9, 2014
Germany
delightphoto.zenfolio.com
I am using the following tools where I would need it:
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Zoom
  • facetime (I know that this should not work)
I tested the following cameras
  • M6Mkii
  • 5DMkiii
  • R
  • R5
All cameras deliver no result. In no software the EOS webcam utility showed up as a camera....

Has any<body an idea what can I do?

Aug 27, 2019
I am using the following tools where I would need it:
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Zoom
  • facetime (I know that this should not work)
I tested the following cameras
  • M6Mkii
  • 5DMkiii
  • R
  • R5
All cameras deliver no result. In no software the EOS webcam utility showed up as a camera....

Has any<body an idea what can I do?
I have an issue with using the R5 or the R6 on my primary system but the RP works fine. My other PC has no issues with the R5 or the R6. I dug into the issue for a bit but abandoned my search for a solution because I had better things to do with my time then debug Canon's software.

One possible quick fix is:
Do you have DPP installed on your system?

There are lot of reports of this causing issues during the detection of the Camera(s) as a webcam. The EOS Utility in DPP detects the Camera before the Webcam utility and never lets the Camera be detected as a Webcam.

You can try stopping the EOS Utility and then connecting the Camera or uninstalling the EOS Utility.

If you do not have DPP installed there are addition registry settings you can try (more advanced) but I have not had much success with that and my issue and I just gave up as I stated above.

Upvote 0