Exposure X6 software - Dustin Abbott review ... anyone try it

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
I'm using On1 for now but still not satisfied with noise controls. Tried LR Classic again briefly and aside from them assuming you'd auto-subscribe it didn't seem much better then LR6... only problem being support for R5. Tried DX0 and it seemed a bit slow and noise not much better than On1.

noticed Dustin Abbott reviewed an editor I've never even heard of.. Exposure X6 ... going to trial it, so far doesn't seem to have R5 native support.. but wondering if anyone else has tried it? thoughts?

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
I'm using On1 for now but still not satisfied with noise controls. Tried LR Classic again briefly and aside from them assuming you'd auto-subscribe it didn't seem much better then LR6... only problem being support for R5. Tried DX0 and it seemed a bit slow and noise not much better than On1.

noticed Dustin Abbott reviewed an editor I've never even heard of.. Exposure X6 ... going to trial it, so far doesn't seem to have R5 native support.. but wondering if anyone else has tried it? thoughts?
It was previously named Alien Skin Exposure. Started as mostly film emulations. Now it is a nice, very nice standalone program for editing--but I still use it as a PS CC plug-in. I think it has the best and easiest sharpening features, and it has its own system of layers. So you can apply some great presets with no sharpening, then use a layer and brush to apply sharpening locally.

I can push things pretty far without getting distracting artifacts, something that cannot be said for competitors.

It is 100% worth installing the trial!

Upvote 0