F1 from the cheap seats at Silverstone

Hi all,

I hit Silverstone for the formula one the other weekend, it was very bright for the majority of the weekend with only a little rain on Sunday to help the photography. Here's a small set, all shot from general admission through the obligatory wire fencing.

1. Colour Harmony at Speed (1/15th)
Lewis Hamilton by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. The new guy in red
Sebastian Vettel by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. GP2 with Alex Lynn
Alex Lynn - DAMS by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. Roman Big John
Romain Grosjean - Lotus Mercedes by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5.Tickets, tickets, buy and sell tickets, tickets...
Tickets, buy and sell tickets, tickets by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Danny K
Daniil Kvyat by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Sparks are back!
Sparks Will Fly! by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, there's a few more here https://www.flickr.com/photos/fireproof_art/sets/72157653204496573 if you are interested

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Graphix501 said:
Hi all,

I hit Silverstone for the formula one the other weekend, it was very bright for the majority of the weekend with only a little rain on Sunday to help the photography. Here's a small set, all shot from general admission through the obligatory wire fencing.

Great series. 8) Well done, Sir!

Upvote 0
Graphix501 said:
Hi all,

F'n incredible capture! What's the focal length on this one? Panning with a long lens at a 1/15 shutter speed is damn near impossible. Great work!

Upvote 0
V8Beast said:
Graphix501 said:
Hi all,

F'n incredible capture! What's the focal length on this one? Panning with a long lens at a 1/15 shutter speed is damn near impossible. Great work!

Thanks chap, appreciate it.... only 120mm on this, so not too extreme

Upvote 0
Ty Click! Was fortunate to walk around & gain access w a Ferrari pass & especially my actual seats for race day which r the shots after the flyover. I had pretty much no obstruction in front of me. I took around 1,500 shots shooting @ 10 fps but narrowed the keepers down to around what u see. I also did very minimal post editing in LR5 just cropping & raising the saturation for the colors to pop! All in all it was my very first race & a blast....now I really want the 1Dx! I have a handful of panning shots which were pretty tough coming by at me from top gear into the hairpin but i feel did pretty well....but the original OP's panning shot is INSANE!!!! Thanks again!

Upvote 0