Status
Not open for further replies.

NWPhil

one eye; one shot - multiple misses
Oct 4, 2011
Axilrod said:
vuilang said:
maybe the Zeiss ZE 21mm f2.8?

That's an awesome one, I'm having a tough time deciding between that and the 24L II. I really only used my 16-35mm for the wide end and with the 14mm it seems unnecessary, so I guess I'm going to sell it for the Zeiss 21 or 24L

if you thinking indeed about a 24mm -------take look at the TS-E. I did, and will not look back
Zeiss 21 is a great lens too, according to reviews...and then there is the other TS-E (17mm)

Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
NWPhil said:
Axilrod said:
vuilang said:
maybe the Zeiss ZE 21mm f2.8?

That's an awesome one, I'm having a tough time deciding between that and the 24L II. I really only used my 16-35mm for the wide end and with the 14mm it seems unnecessary, so I guess I'm going to sell it for the Zeiss 21 or 24L

if you thinking indeed about a 24mm -------take look at the TS-E. I did, and will not look back
Zeiss 21 is a great lens too, according to reviews...and then there is the other TS-E (17mm)

I've actually never played with a TS-E, do you enjoy yours that much? I always thought they seemed pricey and somewhat limited in terms of functionality. If you don't tilt and shift it's just a plain 24mm right?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Axilrod said:
I've actually never played with a TS-E, do you enjoy yours that much? I always thought they seemed pricey and somewhat limited in terms of functionality. If you don't tilt and shift it's just a plain 24mm right?

I really like mine. For architecture, there's really no substitute. For landscapes, tilt is great. It's also a lot of fun just to play around with DoF effects. Without TS, I suppose it is just a 'plain 24mm' lens, and manual focus at that - but it's the sharpest and least-distorted 24mm lens you'll find.

Upvote 0

NWPhil

one eye; one shot - multiple misses
Oct 4, 2011
1++ Neuro
it would be a waste to 'just' use it as a 24, because has so much more to give.
I never tried the 24efII, but I really love the 24 ts-e. Next upgrade I will make will be the TS-e17mm
Still think Canon is missing something between 14 and 24 as worth consideing prime - they can't/won't ever have every number in between(as prime) but seem logic that they should consider a 20mm (1.8?) or whatever they can make with low CA and soft edges
Zeiss has the 18 and 21, altough the 18 is a lesser performer - so there you have it 19-1/2 :eek:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.