Finally got my Covid-19 Moderna vaccine.

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I got my first Pfizer shot at the Charlotte Motor Speedway a week ago. It was quite organized. You drive around the track and through the pits and into the infield to various stations along the way. Then when you get to garage bays, you get your shot in one of them. You never leave the car. They did have cones preventing you from driving on the highly banked part of the track, which you probably need to be going at least 100mph to stay on. I didn't see anybody in mittens, though.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
For once the UK 's government got something right. Along with the US, we ordered vaccines very early on before it was known whether they worked and so paid for the research and development. The science has been remarkable. When the vaccines were first ordered, it was not known whether vaccines could even work against a coronavirus. But the new technology of mRNA vaccines, adenovirus delivery vectors and nanoparticle delivery have revolutionised vaccination. We have also been rolling it out quickly. The government got most other things wrong and we have a death rate that is the highest in the world for a large population, even worse than for the US. Our National Health Service staff have worked heroically and tirelessly. I've looked carefully at the Pfizer data (had my shot 11 days ago) and it appears to kick in at 11 days with 80-90% protection in another couple of days. I'll be continuing to take it carefully. Hooray for science!

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 21.30.58.png

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0