Firmware: Canon EF-EOS R 0.71x Mount Adapter for EF-Mount to EOS C70 v1.2.0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Along with the firmware update for the Canon Cinema EOS C70, Canon has also released new firmware for the Canon EF-EOS R 0.71x Mount Adapter.
Firmware Version 1.2.0 adds full function support for these 7 lenses when used with the EOS C70.

EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM
EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM

Download firmware v1.2.0 for the EF-RF 0.71x mount adapter

Continue reading...

Jan 29, 2011
i never had any problems with any lens but i think the update adds lens correction options.
Hi Ray, so you can confirm that AF works all lenses with the adapter? Canon list the advantage of using listed lenses as such " on certain EF lenses*, full DPAF and metadata will be available with EOS C70 camera" implying DPAF doesn't work on those lenses not listed.

At this point for me it is a bit academic but the truth is if I was looking at a video centric camera the C70 with adapter and my current EF lenses (most of which are not listed) seems most appealing to me.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Hi Ray, so you can confirm that AF works all lenses with the adapter? Canon list the advantage of using listed lenses as such " on certain EF lenses*, full DPAF and metadata will be available with EOS C70 camera" implying DPAF doesn't work on those lenses not listed.

At this point for me it is a bit academic but the truth is if I was looking at a video centric camera the C70 with adapter and my current EF lenses (most of which are not listed) seems most appealing to me.
The metadata part is what might not work. I have the adapter. I used an sigma 18-35 on it and an ef50 1.2. I did an event in candle light and didnt even have the turn the ISO up much. The visuals are crazy in low light and the AF works.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Dragon

EF 800L f/5.6, RF 800 f/11
May 29, 2019
Oregon
The metadata part is what might not work. I have the adapter. I used an sigma 18-35 on it and an ef50 1.2. I did an event in candle light and didnt even have the turn the ISO up much. The visuals are crazy in low light and the AF works.
Have you tried the adapter on an R5?

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Have you tried the adapter on an R5?
Yes, it works for photos and pictures. You have to go to crop mode not to get crazy vignetting, since it is made for s35 sensors, and with a real wide lens you can actually see the ibis which looks like the camera is alive. As far as I can tell the R5 still reads the F number normally but does add the stop of light. The c70 on the other hand converts numbers to reflect the change in focal range and F stop which some might find confusing.

Upvote 0

Dragon

EF 800L f/5.6, RF 800 f/11
May 29, 2019
Oregon
Yes, it works for photos and pictures. You have to go to crop mode not to get crazy vignetting, since it is made for s35 sensors, and with a real wide lens you can actually see the ibis which looks like the camera is alive. As far as I can tell the R5 still reads the F number normally but does add the stop of light. The c70 on the other hand converts numbers to reflect the change in focal range and F stop which some might find confusing.

Thanks. That is useful info. Not much point for photos, but the crop 4k video on the R5 is much better than the FF (non HQ) mode and doesn't suffer from overheating like the HQ mode. Also, the crop mode is downsampled even at 60 fps. That makes the focal reducer quite interesting for video, particularly longer shoots.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Thanks. That is useful info. Not much point for photos, but the crop 4k video on the R5 is much better than the FF (non HQ) mode and doesn't suffer from overheating like the HQ mode. Also, the crop mode is downsampled even at 60 fps. That makes the focal reducer quite interesting for video, particularly longer shoots.
is crop mode better for 1080 as well?

Upvote 0