Canon supports the EOS5Ds(r) too, yet. I got the usb30 port compatibility issues too and the update solve this similar like on my 5d4. I don't use an Mac and would plan this.
Interesting since there hasn't been a reference in anything USB related in EOS 5DsR firmware updated.
Download drivers, software, firmware and manuals for your Canon product and get access to online technical support resources and troubleshooting.
Firmware Version 1.1.4 incorporates the following enhancement:
1. Updated language displayed in the menu to improve readability.
Firmware Version 1.1.4 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.3. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Users manual in the WEB is updated accordingly. Please download the manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official WEB site.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.dmg file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file:
The downloaded folder is automatically extracted, and a firmware folder is created. If the download folder cannot be automatically extracted, double-click the folder.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware ( 5DSR0114.FIR / file size: 32,819,136 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
Changes in Version 1.1.3:
1. Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability.
2. Corrects a vulnerability related to firmware update.
Changes in Version 1.1.2:
1. Support has been added for chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer when using Digital Photo Professional to process RAW images captured with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E17mm F4L, TS-E24mm F3.5L II, TS-E50mm F2.8L MACRO, TS-E90mm F2.8L MACRO, or TS-E135mm F4L MACRO.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E50mm F2.8L MACRO, TS-E90mm F2.8L MACRO, or TS-E135mm F4L MACRO.
3. Support for Exif 2.31 has been added.
Changes in Version 1.1.1:
1. Corrects a phenomenon in which shooting may not be completed while using HDR (High Dynamic Range) Mode, when certain combinations of settings are selected.
2. Corrects the phenomenon of Err70 which occurs with certain combinations of settings.
3. Corrects the level display when the camera is held in the vertical orientation with the hand grip pointing downward.
4. Corrects a phenomenon in which, when using certain CF cards, it may take approximately five seconds for the camera to power on depending on when the camera's power switch was turned <ON>.
Changes in Version 1.1.0:
1. Support for the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 has been added.