CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Canon has released a minor firmware update for the EOS-1D X Mark II.</p>
<p><strong>Firmware Version 1.1.6 incorporate the following fix:</strong></p>
<ol>
<li>Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function normally when images are simultaneously displayed on the camera’s LCD monitor and an external monitor (via HDMI output).</li>
</ol>
<p><strong><a href="https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-1d-x-mark-ii?subtab=downloads-firmware#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25">Download EOS-1D X Mark II Firmware 1.1.6 at Canon USA</a></strong></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Jul 21, 2010
privatebydesign said:
Whilst I'm not normally somebody who encourages mid life updates it does seem to me Canon could comparatively easily wring the neck of the A9 with a 1DX MkII firmware upgrade that would easily hold its own until the MkIII comes out in 2020, it sure does seem like a long way off to the Japan Olympics...

Do you think the 1D X II is falling behind the a9 in any way other than lines of text on a list of specifications? Are there long lines of photographers at the Sony booths/rooms at major sporting events, while the Canon booth staffers are sitting around chatting and playing pinocle?

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
privatebydesign said:
Whilst I'm not normally somebody who encourages mid life updates it does seem to me Canon could comparatively easily wring the neck of the A9 with a 1DX MkII firmware upgrade that would easily hold its own until the MkIII comes out in 2020, it sure does seem like a long way off to the Japan Olympics...

Do you think the 1D X II is falling behind the a9 in any way other than lines of text on a list of specifications? Are there long lines of photographers at the Sony booths/rooms at major sporting events, while the Canon booth staffers are sitting around chatting and playing pinocle?

Yes, that is exactly what I see. Stupid Canon....

;)

</sarcasm end>

Upvote 0